PDA

View Full Version : Rain of Fear Monk Information

Nedrom
10-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Placeholder for RoF Monk Information when it becomes available.

Aggememnon
11-20-2012, 08:50 AM
When does it become available? I figure the worse the exp is, the longer they take to lift NDA, in case some potential customers get scared off....and now I start to worry lol

Nedrom
11-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Release date is still Nov 28th from what I saw on the webcast. As for the NDA...I'm not sure.

Nedrom
11-20-2012, 07:46 PM
NDA was just lifted:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/everquest-rain-of-fear-nda-is-now-lifted.1642/

Nedrom
11-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Unfortunately we are getting another "pattern" disc this expansion and there is still a type 3 augment that reduces the recast.

The good news is, Aristo has finally agreed to stop upgrading it, after this release.

Gorkeyah
11-20-2012, 08:19 PM
pattern disc?

Nedrom
11-20-2012, 08:27 PM
pattern disc?

six, seven, and now eight-step pattern

sensei savager
11-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Shinai, kranigans fist, and ball of sunlight player made ornamentations, just sayin

Kelefane
11-21-2012, 05:45 AM
Shinai, kranigans fist, and ball of sunlight player made ornamentations, just sayin

Oh snap

Kelefane
11-21-2012, 05:46 AM
So whats the good, bad and the ugly that Monks are getting in RoF? Anymore DPS boosts?

Aggememnon
11-21-2012, 06:36 AM
No monk write up?
Anyone found one elsewhere?

Nedrom
11-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Qulas is going to post a monk write up here.

Archus
11-21-2012, 10:19 AM
The item dev really screwed up. Flying Kick is only available in the waist slot for raid gear non-visibles. If you're going cultural, you will be unable to keep FK maxed unless you keep a few slots of considerably older gear. The same holds true for Rogues with BS and zerks with Frenzy. But who cares about them!

Gorkeyah
11-21-2012, 12:17 PM
A set of voidg slot3 augs wont be enough fk/kick maxed with that one slot? I suppose so... haven't done the math. heh

What I'm wondering is what if anything is there for progression? I was in the beta, but didn't spend enough time to figure it out. I think I heard the raid requester is the only one who needs to do it, but...

In other words, what if anything is locked behind progression, and what form is the progression in?

Also, what is that faction quest that has been in the game (shards)? What does it get you in the expansion?

Nedrom
11-21-2012, 12:31 PM
A set of voidg slot3 augs wont be enough fk/kick maxed with that one slot? I suppose so... haven't done the math. heh

What I'm wondering is what if anything is there for progression? I was in the beta, but didn't spend enough time to figure it out. I think I heard the raid requester is the only one who needs to do it, but...

In other words, what if anything is locked behind progression, and what form is the progression in?

Also, what is that faction quest that has been in the game (shards)? What does it get you in the expansion?

I've read that the shards are not a pre-launch quest and will always drop going forward. I still haven't seen what they're actually for, they're supposed to make an announcement soon.

Progression is not locked behind language like VoA. From what it seems there is very little locking anyone behind the content. There is faction, but from what I saw, not a lot of it.

IE: complete a mission to access a raid, complete the raid, you now have access to the next tier.

There are only 2 tiers for both group and raid content.

Gorkeyah
11-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Sounds good to me. I don't mind progression, but I tend to stress about getting it done since I don't play a lot other than to raid. heh

Vothsisx
11-21-2012, 04:20 PM
We didn't get anything new. Same discs, same AAs, same everything. Expect them at a later date (tm).

Nedrom
11-21-2012, 04:51 PM
We didn't get anything new. Same discs, same AAs, same everything. Expect them at a later date (tm).

That's not completely true.

Vothsisx
11-21-2012, 05:30 PM
But it's mostly true! And mostly is enough for me.

Taken
11-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Unfortunately we are getting another "pattern" disc this expansion and there is still a type 3 augment that reduces the recast.

The good news is, Aristo has finally agreed to stop upgrading it, after this release.

There was also no promise we would get anything else in the future to replace this.

As some others had stated in beta. I would have rather retained this disc but move it to the cloud of fists slot.

Using synergy and pattern would have been nice.

Piggymonk
11-21-2012, 08:05 PM
We got a new disc"Eye of stromm"? disc which share the timer of our Void Step line, last for 2min30secs, recast timer 7mins,add 318? Dmg per hit.

Pretty shitty imo

Archus
11-21-2012, 11:44 PM
I've read that the shards are not a pre-launch quest and will always drop going forward. I still haven't seen what they're actually for, they're supposed to make an announcement soon.

Progression is not locked behind language like VoA. From what it seems there is very little locking anyone behind the content. There is faction, but from what I saw, not a lot of it.

IE: complete a mission to access a raid, complete the raid, you now have access to the next tier.

There are only 2 tiers for both group and raid content.

The reward for the fear shard quest is EITHER a ring clicky that ports you to Shards (the hub zone of RoF) every 2 hours or one of 3 40 ac 220 HEM augs (monks will want the 8 hDex one). You can't get both the clicky and aug.

You'll also at least want to do all the missions, since the "Paragon" achievement nets you a choice of augs - the monk one is 40 AC 250 hp 200 end 8 hAgi.

Gorkeyah
11-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Why do we want hdex one? They fixed hdex so it's crap now I thought.

Archus
11-22-2012, 01:29 AM
Why do we want hdex one? They fixed hdex so it's crap now I thought.

There is no hAgi option for that one... there is an hStr option for that aug. I suppose it would be worth considering. I guess I'd prefer the defensive benefit of the hDex though.

EDIT: Also, to answer your previous question about FK and the Type 3 augs on Zeb. There are 5 augs on Zeb that total 50 FK. With the 20 FK available in the waist slot on RoF raid gear currently, you'd only get to 70. The other 30 will have to come from your visibles (ie not cultural) or older non-visibles.

Aggememnon
11-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Qulas is going to post a monk write up here.

Did he post it elsewhere? I can't see anything yet ...
Or is there really so little to write or complain about?

Nedrom
11-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Did he post it elsewhere? I can't see anything yet ...
Or is there really so little to write or complain about?

He didn't post it yet, patience :) I would post more information myself but I'd rather those who play more than me take a whirl, I'm a bit out of date.

Aggememnon
11-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Ah lol. Fair enough. But stop calling me patience. (We miss you Leslie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Nielsen)

Kaliaila
11-22-2012, 10:36 PM
About the +FK, +Kick, and others, didn't anyone bring up this issue? I spent pretty much all of my time doing TSs so didn't really see much else.

On the TS side there is a new AC food and drink, though it looks like the AC food is going to go live with the wrong AC (ie expect a nerf of the food within the first day or less than a week).
Brewing got a lot of actually cool and/or useful clickies (read as buffs, illusions, and another class skills/spells; FD everyone) in addition to the usual drinks; baking also got some illusion and buff clickies in addition to normal food; and pottery got some clickies as well in addition to the ornamentations and charms. Tailoring and smithing you got mostly the cultural armor and weapon upgrades, same for fletching as far as cultural weapons go. JC the various augs and compartementalized jewelery and augs.
Research got completely boned again, as of a recent patch all rank 1s up thru 90 are now available in PoK on live, and those are the exact tomes/spells/songs (in addition to the UF ones, which have been on PoK merchants since F2P went live) that RoF allows us to research. The rank 1s in PoK cost less than it costs for one of the subcombines to make the rank 2s, and that is before even considering that you will be failing 10-30 times depending on if you are an Int caster or not. Not really sure on the spell side, but I really don't think many people did much work on research in general. I wasn't even able to figure out all of the monk tomes, let alone the other melee tomes or try spells on my beta buffed caster.
So if anyone is doing alts, you're likely to be far better to just buy sets of spells from PoK or dream fragment drops in the bazaar. Though I did figure out the DMS Rk. II recipe so if someone else doesn't figure it out within a couple of weeks after launch I'll put the ones I have onto EQ Traders.

Ah lol. Fair enough. But stop calling me patience. (We miss you Leslie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Nielsen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Nielsen))
Ok Shirley.

tanecho
11-23-2012, 06:13 PM
The good news: New disc line, its a hybrid diamondpalm/zan fi. 2 minute duration with 7.5 minute recast, the duration can be increased 5% and recast can be decreased 5% with type 3s.

"Monk - Changed IDs 35062-64 to a new ability called The Storm and the Seas. It is a 20-tick discipline that increases skill damage (all skills) by 40%, minimum damage (all skills) by 160, and adds 283/297/312 to all skill damage. It has a 7.5 minute recast delay on timer 9. It can be found under Disciplines->Timer 9."

The bad news: Say buh-bye to 18 delay weapons, all of our weapons will be 19 or higher. This is probably going to be a pretty big dps hit considering how invested this class is in flat damage bonus increases (Zan Fi, fists of steel, drunken monkey, our new disc as well).

Other than that, it all really seems pretty much what you'd expect out of an expansion. More levels, more slightly better loot (not as big of a difference as the last 2 expansions).

Major upgraded lines: Diamondpalm, Synergy, Fists of Steel, Tiger's Balance, Heel of Kojai, Zan Fi

Non-upgraded lines: Crane Stance, Cloud of Fists, Drunken Monkey, Infusion of Thunder

My time in beta was somewhat limited so I'm sure someone else can give you a better tour, I'm just looking at our class DPS boosts.

Gorkeyah
11-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Does the new disc create a buff so you can use other discs at the sme time? Also, has drunk monkey been eclipsed by other discs/abilities now, or is there still a reason to use it?

tanecho
11-23-2012, 08:39 PM
No, it's a 2 minute occupation of your discipline box.

As for drunken monkey, it hasn't been eclipsed, there's nothing that does the same thing as it does. I would still always hit it when beginning a kick disc, when both zan fi and storm and the seas are down, or when I have endurance to burn and I want the small boost in special damage. That said, the boost is still a flat amount, and numbers have gotten much larger since its creation. The bonus is shrinking.

Gorkeyah
11-24-2012, 12:01 AM
Doesn't sound like something for burns then.

tanecho
11-24-2012, 12:55 AM
No, it was intended to increase our sustained damage.

Gorkeyah
11-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Does the upgraded diamondpalm beat our speedfocus burn now since nothing is really upgraded much for the speed burn?

Aggememnon
11-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Did we make up any ground on rog/zerk for burst/sustained?
Did they get anything interesting?

So no more 18 delay - thats a blow. Have other melee weapon delay been changed in line with that? Are piercers getting longer delay?

and wake up Qulas lol ;p

tanecho
11-24-2012, 12:42 PM
As I personally did not get to witness any raid level damage fights, I found this post that lets us know where we stand essentially for damage.

TL:DR version, we're looking to be about 5th place on mid-length fights as a class, worse on short fights, and among the top on very long fights.

Originally posted by Zahrym on beta forums:

"I've done extensive testing personally. The only fix if the true intention is to finally balance 'all' dps...is to give a blanket balance, something like a new glyph that excludes certain things and buffs others so it's good for everyone really. Aside from that I'm at a loss...since we have no true response from developers as to who is supposed to be where and why, or not that I've read.

Assuming your lineup is the hypothetically set up tier set below.

Rogue/Berserker/Wizard/Monk;This is tier1 (aka pure classes, no pets, no hybrid qualities)
Ranger/Mage/Necromancer/Beastlord;This is tier2 (hybrids, have pets, hybrid qualities)
Enchanter/Druid/Shaman/Bard; This is tier3 (support tier, intended to be viable at both healing & dps but never excel)
Warrior/SK/Paladin/Cleric; This is tier4 (pure tank/healer tier, they tank...and heal.)

Assuming you want each tier to be a tossup, or in other words you want certain encounter mechanics and personal play to equal out what's actually happening in the game. I guess in absolute simplest terms any person vs any other person in their own tier should be constantly fighting to beat the others of their respective tier out.

As it stands currently:

t1 burn rooted (no push) = Rogue>Berserker>Mage>Wizard>Necromancer>Monk>Beastlord>Ranger
t1 burn not rooted (push) = Rogue>Wizard>Necromancer>Mage>Berserker>Ranger>Monk>Beastlord

t1 sustained (no push) = Rogue>Berserker>Necromancer>Mage>Wizard>Monk>Beastlord>Ranger
t1 sustained (push) = Rogue>Berserker>Necromancer>Wizard>Monk>Mage>Beastlord>Ranger

The result was Wizard>Mage>Necromancer>Enchanter on fights between 40-120s where after the 90s-120s mark statistics shift dramatically to Necromancer>Mage>Wizard>Enchanter for casters.

The result was Rogue>Berserker>Monk>Beastlord>Ranger on every fight where the mob was archery immune or perma-rooted on 60-180s marks. After 180s it's more or less a tossup between monk/beast/berserker for sustained damage until endurance becomes an issue.

The result was Rogue>Berserker>Beastlord>Ranger>Monk on every fight where the mob had push mechanics simulated between the 60s-120s mark, rangers drop off exponentially after bullseye drops and are always overtaken eventually by the other classes listed.

What we see clearly from simulations is Rog is #1 in every situation, Berserker/Mage/Wizard/Necro have a tossup for #2 slot depending on whether it's a 60s-120s fight vs 90s-180s or longer. Necromancers get higher on the parse the longer the fight (big suprise right?) While Beastlord/Ranger/Monk fall further behind the longer the fights. I hypothesize this to be a combination of low burst + movement.

What I mean is a mage/wizard/necro can swap targets and continue to dps forever, without little to no worry about sustained mana or moving. To a lesser degree a rogue can swap and still do the majority of their damage instantly, therefore negating having to move or in simpler terms, get behind the mob and backstab + spam key in order to maintain DPS. Classes like Beast/Monk/Ranger have no large instant burst ability to make up for the movement, nor can they effectively as a wizard/mage/necro attack from ranged without worry of losing DPS.

Berserkers suffer as well, but to a lesser degree as a large portion of damage is auto attack combined with a spam key that fires multiple 'burst' damage at 12-20s intervals.

It tends to be the trend that pure classes, or classes that have a way to exponentially refill resources (mana, endurance, harvest, etc) tend to be higher on the burn, and lower on sustained...whereas classes that don't have to manage resources (necromancer with infinite mana, rogues never needing to keep track of endurance) tend to be high on both burst and sustained within certain time constraints.

Also it's worth noting every top 5 class on every parse was there in situations where they have quick re-use abilities modified by longer re-use cooldowns or can sustain damage while moving, or have no need to stay mobile.

I.E. Rogue (backstab/massive strike) + Ruchu
I.E. Wizard/Mage (nonstop casting + no movement required) + Glyph

In closing I can't speak to t3 or t4 (listed at the top) as I didn't test them.

Tests were done with the current burn cycles and everything being sync'd to the best of my knowledge, which a large portion was not public. "

Qulas
11-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Sorry that this took so long to finally post up here, been a little more busy than I'd like to be. Most of what is going to be posted below has been mentioned already, but alas. At launch there won't be a ton of aa, but they have promised in a later patch, they have also hinted heavily toward a new tier or two being released soon as well.

Rain of Fear: Monk Information

Let's start with something fun! This years batch of player made Ornamentations give monks 3 solid options to chose from: Shinai of the Ancients, Ball of Sunlight, and Kranigan's Fist.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/7256/weapons1d.png

Monk AA's

Name of Aa - Rank Price/Price/Price

General

Combat Agility 46-50 15 per rank
Combat Stability 43-48 13 per rank
Delay Death 36-40 10 per rank
General Sturdiness 26-30 8 per rank
Mystical Attuning 18-20 6 per rank
Phantasmic Allure 1-10 5 per rank
Phantismic Poise 1-10 5 per rank
Phantismic Power 1-10 5 per rank
Phantasmic Precocity 1-10 5 per rank
Phantasmic Proficiency 1-10 5 per rank
Phantasmic Promptitude 1-10 5 per rank
Phantasmic Prowess 1-10 5 per rank

Archetype

Armor of Wisdom 16-18 15 per rank
Enhanced Aggression 34-36 18 per rank
Heightened Endurance 22-24 10 per rank
Punishing Blade 19-21 18 per rank
Veteran's Wrath 19-21 15 per rank

Class

Crippling Strike 19-21 11/13/15
Eye Gouge 19-21 11/13/15
Fists of Steel 7-9 15/18/21
Five Point Palm 9-12 12/15/18
Heel of Brithrax 4-6 12/15/18
Kick Mastery 24-27 11/13/15
Pressure Points 4-6 12/15/18
Punch Mastery 27-29 11/13/15
Staff Block 16-18 12/15/18
Stonefoot 9-12 15/18/21
Stunning Kick 22-24 12/15/18
Technique of Master Wu 18-20 12/15/18
Zan Fi's Whistle 13-15 12/15/18

AA Notes:
Five Point Palm has been changed from a recourse, to a direct nuke.
Punch Mastery is being looked at to be changed to effect h2h weapons instead of our special attacks.

AA spell data is highest rank.

[37110] Crippling Strike
Classes: MNK/254
Skill: Eagle Strike
Target: Single
Range: 50
Resist: Physical -112
Casting: 0s
Duration: 12s (2 ticks)
Hate: 1
1: Eagle Strike Attack for 371 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
2: Decrease Movement Speed by 61%

[37115] Eye Gouge
Skill: Tiger Claw
Resist: Physical -112
1: Tiger Claw Attack for 451 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
6: Decrease ATK by 126

[37118/16181] Five Point Palm
Skill: Dragon Punch
Endurance: 750
Range: 100
Resist: Physical -225, Max: 25%
Recourse: Five Point Palm Reflect
1: Decrease Current HP by 61500
3: Dragon Punch Attack for 451 with 10000% Accuracy Mod

[37121] Stunning Kick
Skill: Flying Kick
Resist: Physical -185
1: Stun for 3s up to level 103
2: Flying Kick Attack for 440 with 10000% Accuracy Mod

[37124/16178] Zan Fi's Whistle
Skill: Abjuration
Endurance: 500
Target: Self
Beneficial: Blockable
Duration: 3m (30 ticks), Extend: Yes
1: Increase Hand to Hand Damage Bonus by 85
2: Increase 1H Blunt Damage Bonus by 85
3: Increase 2H Blunt Damage Bonus by 185
4: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is 'Weapon Damage Bonus' and < 1070
5: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 2 is 'Weapon Damage Bonus' and < 1070
6: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 3 is 'Weapon Damage Bonus' and < 1155
11: Increase Hit Damage by 15%

RoF Disciplines

Discipline Notes: New Discipline Eye of the Storm, Seven-Step Pattern line is going to be discontinued and developed into something else for later spells.

[34002/3511] Rest Rk. III
Classes: WAR/96 PAL/96 RNG/96 SHD/96 MNK/96 ROG/96 BST/96 BER/96
Skill: Defense
Endurance: 25, Upkeep: 1 per tick
Restriction: End Below 29 Percent
Casting: 0s, Recast: 90s, Timer: 12
Duration: 54s (9 ticks), Extend: No
Dispellable: No
1: Increase Current Endurance by 1704 per tick
3: Cap Endurance at 29%

[35049/8505] Shaded Apparition Rk. III
Classes: MNK/96
Skill: Offense
Endurance: 403
Range: 200
Casting: 0s, Recast: 20s, Timer: 8
Duration: 12s (2 ticks), Extend: Yes
1: Decrease Social Radius to 10 up to level 100

[35045/8502] Shadewalker's Synergy Rk. III
Classes: MNK/96
Skill: Flying Kick
Endurance: 467
Resist: Unresistable
Casting: 0s, Recast: 30s, Timer: 8
1: Flying Kick Attack for 763 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
2: Flying Kick Attack for 763 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
3: Flying Kick Attack for 763 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
4: Cast: Shadewalker's Synergy Effect
[35046] Shadewalker's Synergy Effect
Duration: 18s (3 ticks)
8: Increase Flying Kick Damage Taken by 122%

[35052/8519] Eagle's Balance Rk. III
Classes: MNK/97
Endurance: 2035
Casting: 0s, Recast: 20m, Timer: 15
1: Cast: Eagle's Balance Effect III
[35055] Eagle's Balance Effect III
Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Extend: Yes
4: Add Proc: Eagle's Strike III with 500% Rate Mod
[35058] Eagle's Strike III
Range: 200
1: Eagle Strike Attack for 467 with 10000% Accuracy Mod

[34005/3505] Seventh Wind Rk. III
Classes: WAR/97 MNK/97 ROG/97 BER/97
Skill: Defense
Endurance: 337, Upkeep: 1 per tick
Casting: 0s, Recast: 36m, Timer: 12
Duration: 2m (20 ticks), Extend: Yes
1: Increase Current Endurance by 549 per tick

[35061/8520] Shaded Step Rk. III
Classes: MNK/97
Endurance: 302
Casting: 0s, Recast: 7.5m, Timer: 9
Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Extend: Yes
7: Increase Chance to Dodge by 701%

[35067/8500] Echo of Prevarication Rk. III
Classes: MNK/98
Endurance: 705
Target: Target AE
Range: 200, AE Range: 30
Resist: Physical -44
Casting: 0s, Recast: 12s, Timer: 6
1: Mesmerize up to level 103
2: Cast on Duration Fade: Echo of Prevarication Trigger III
[35070/8501] Echo of Prevarication Trigger III
1: Memory Blur

[35064/8521] Eye of the Storm Rk. III
Endurance: 0, Upkeep: 12 per tick
1: Increase Hit Damage by 40%
2: Increase Min Hit Damage by 160%
3: Increase Hit Damage Bonus by 312

[35076/8504] Eight-Step Pattern Rk. III
Classes: MNK/99
Skill: Tiger Claw
Endurance: 420
Casting: 0s, Recast: 30s, Timer: 8
1: Tiger Claw Attack for 906 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
2: Tiger Claw Attack for 906 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
3: Tiger Claw Attack for 906 with 10000% Accuracy Mod

[35073/8511] Terrorpalm Discipline Rk. III
Classes: MNK/99
Endurance: 0, Upkeep: 130 per tick
Casting: 0s, Recast: 22m, Timer: 2
Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Extend: Yes
1: Increase Hit Damage by 207%
2: Increase Min Hit Damage by 812%

[35079/8510] Forestall Death Rk. III
Classes: MNK/100
Skill: Make Poison
Endurance: 2084
Casting: 0.25s, Recast: 10m, Timer: 7
1: Cast: Forestall Death Effect III
[35082] Forestall Death Effect III
1: Increase Max Negative HP by 28601
2: Increase Current HP by 2800 per tick (If Type 204)
3: Increase Current HP by 5602 per tick (If HP Less Than 20 Percent)
4: Increase Current HP by 8403 per tick (If Type 199)

[35088/8518] Heel of Zagali Rk. III
Endurance: 0, Upkeep: 92 per tick
Casting: 0s, Recast: 15m, Timer: 5
1: Reduce Flying Kick Timer by 7s
2: Increase Flying Kick Damage by 74%
3: Increase Chance to Hit with Flying Kick by 145%

[35085/8506] Seven Breaths Rk. III
Skill: Alteration
Endurance: 1
Casting: 12s, Recast: 20m, Timer: 4
1: Increase Current Endurance by 11978

And here is our updated Discipline Timer List

0: Disciple's Aura / Master's Aura / Fists of Wu

1: Stonestance / Whirlwind / Voiddance / Earthwalk / Impenetrable

2: Innerflame / Hundred Fists / Crystalpalm / Diamondpalm / Terrorpalm

3 Thunderkick / Silentfist / Ashenhand / Scaledfist / Ironfist

4: Focused Will / Resistant / Fearless / Planeswalk / Healing Will / Dreamwalk / Moment of Calm / Moment of Tranquility / Moment of Placidity / Five Breaths / Six Breaths / Seven Breaths

5: Rapid Kick / Heel of Kanji / Heel of Kai / Heel of Kojai / Heel of Zagali

6: Counterforce / Echo of Misdirection / Echo of Deception / Echo of Distraction / Echo of Confusion / Echo of Obfuscation / Echo of Prevarication

7: Delay Death / Defer Death / Deny Death / Decry Death / Forestall Death

8: Throw Stone / Elbow Strike / Phantom Zephyr / Phantom Wind / Phantom Echo / Leopard Claw / Phantom Call / Phantom Shadow / Ancient: Phantom Chaos / Phantom Cry / Dragon Fang / Phantom Silhouette / Clawstriker's Flurry / Shimmering Silhouette / Wheel of Fists / Calanin's Synergy / Phantom Apparition / Whorl of Fists / Dreamwalker's Syngery / Phantasmal Apparition / Six-Step Pattern / Veilwalker's Synergy / Veiled Apparition / Seven-Step Pattern / Shaded Apparition / Eight-Step Pattern / Shadewalker's Synergy

9: Flinch / Intercepting Fist / Void Step / Shaded Step / Eye of the Storm

10: Speed Focus

11: Punch Through / Jab Through / Void Body / Veiled Body /

12: Second Wind / Third Wind / Forth Wind / Respite / Fifth Wind / Reprieve / Sixth Wind / Seventh Wind / Rest

13: Astral Projection / Chrono Projection / Inner Rejuvenation / Crane Stance

14: Vigorous Shuriken / Drunken Monkey Style

15: Tiger's Balance / Eagle's Balance

16: Cloud of Fists

Archus
11-27-2012, 10:02 PM
At launch there won't be a ton of aa, but they have promised in a later patch, they have also hinted heavily toward a new tier or two being released soon as well.

Seems like they promise "more content later" with every expac and the only time I remember getting anything significant later was with Convorteum in Underfoot.

Anyways, Qulas thanks for the AA/Disc summary. Its a bit more barebones than normal for you, but it sounds like you've been very busy. I was wondering if you could post your personal impressions of RoF and the new discs and gear from a raiding monk perspective when you get some time. The weapon ratio upgrade seems far too small, and thats compounded by the lack of an 18 delay weapon. FK has virtually disappeared off non-visible gear. Only 1 totally new disc that doesn't seem that exciting. At first blush RoF doesn't seem too monk friendly.

Gorkeyah
11-27-2012, 11:01 PM
With every upgrade I never remember the old numbers so I'm never sure if the new rk1 is worth getting right away over my current rk3. Heh

Qulas
11-28-2012, 03:03 AM
With every upgrade I never remember the old numbers so I'm never sure if the new rk1 is worth getting right away over my current rk3. Heh

http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36625

Qulas
11-28-2012, 03:13 AM
Seems like they promise "more content later" with every expac and the only time I remember getting anything significant later was with Convorteum in Underfoot.

Anyways, Qulas thanks for the AA/Disc summary. Its a bit more barebones than normal for you, but it sounds like you've been very busy. I was wondering if you could post your personal impressions of RoF and the new discs and gear from a raiding monk perspective when you get some time. The weapon ratio upgrade seems far too small, and thats compounded by the lack of an 18 delay weapon. FK has virtually disappeared off non-visible gear. Only 1 totally new disc that doesn't seem that exciting. At first blush RoF doesn't seem too monk friendly.

I was pretty happy with some of the parses I saw, I'd wait to see it before you get too doom and gloomy, I really also think the reason why they wouldn't give us 18 delays was because they wanted the New Zone to have the 18 delay weapons. Eye of the Storm doesn't look all that impressive, but when you play around with it on live you're going to really like it. Our sustained dps on raids should be pretty damn good. Our burst didn't get much help. I did notice only belts got FK on T2 gear, however I was still able to max our FK and Kick with a T2 set, as well as use all the good Type 3's.

I forgot to mention our Type 3's

Eagle's Balance - 60 second re-use reduction
Seventh Wind - 108 second re-use reduction
Eye of the Storm - 22.5 second re-use reduction
Eye of the Storm - Increase duration by 6 seconds
Terrorpalm - 66 second re-use reduction
Eight-Step Pattern - 1.5 second re-use reduction
Seven Breaths - 60 second re-use reduction
Forestall Death - 30 second re-use reduction

Archus
11-28-2012, 10:43 AM
I did notice only belts got FK on T2 gear, however I was still able to max our FK and Kick with a T2 set, as well as use all the good Type 3's.

Yes with the raid armor its easy to max with any old non-visibles, but if you want to continue using cultural, its becoming increasingly difficult to keep FK maxed unless you want to use older gear. Example - 50 from the T3 augs from Zeb. 20 from RoF belt, 20 from CoB shoulders (this is mutually exclusive to the belt if you're like me and having a hard time letting go of Prayer Shawl 2.0), 20 from T3 VoA Cape of Crud. If you're like me and trying to hang on to Prayer Shawl 2.0, you also need to keep an item from HoT - in my case the T3 ring. Perhaps its an intended penalty for going cultural, but I thought the cultural penalty was inferior stats as compared to the highest tier of raid gear. If its not intended, all they have to do is add FK to one more slot in RoF - preferably Ring or Ear so we could wear a T1 and T2 from RoF and not need to keep wearing older raid gear just for FK.

Vothsisx
11-28-2012, 12:08 PM
I was pretty happy with some of the parses I saw,

You're only happy because Sony is giving you a royalty of $5.95 for every one of your katars that drops. I'm on to you, Lance "Qulas" Armstrong!

Vothsisx
11-29-2012, 01:17 AM
I know you used HGH before running those parses.

Piggymonk
11-30-2012, 05:28 AM
I found that the RoF raid bp doesn't have slot15. Is this intended or just a bug will be patched?

Celephane
11-30-2012, 05:48 AM
Emblems are done, its intended.

Gorkeyah
11-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Emblems are done, its intended.

Yippie!

Gorkeyah
11-30-2012, 02:31 PM
It seems like these probably don't stack, or maybe not completely. It'll be awhile before I can parse any of this stuff myself. Does anyone know from beta?

And infusion maybe not so much either:

[31659] Infusion of Thunder
1: Add Proc: [Spell 31660] with 20% Rate Mod
3: Increase Min Hit Damage by 85%
8: Increase Hit Damage by 80%
[31660] Infusion of Thunder Effect
Range: 100
2: Decrease Current HP by 1812 (Random: -1725 to -1900)

Seems like a good thing to do would be to cycle through these most of the time short of holding on to infusion or zanfi for a burn. Probably would always have one of them going, though I haven't looked at the timings.

Nedrom
11-30-2012, 03:19 PM
we're getting 3 more ranks of hastened speed focus!

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/monk-hastened-speed-focus.1934/

Kelefane
11-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Does the Shinai ornament give a punching animation like it should or is it gayed out and give a slash animation?

Maereax
12-01-2012, 04:11 PM
we're getting 3 more ranks of hastened speed focus!

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/monk-hastened-speed-focus.1934/

hawtttt

Trazz
12-02-2012, 02:29 AM
I've noticed that Speed timer is changed already. Used to have same reuse timer as diamond.. Unless the jedi mind trick is working.

Mris
12-02-2012, 02:06 PM
I've noticed that Speed timer is changed already. Used to have same reuse timer as diamond.. Unless the jedi mind trick is working.

We already have 3 ranks of hastened speedfocus from VoA.

Aggememnon
12-03-2012, 04:10 PM
There need to be massive reductions on all our disciplines, especially on Ironfist, which is 30 mns odd. Bonkers. No other melee have reuse that long - rog and zerk best disc are 10 min reuse! Also, I would rather see a bigger reduction on terrorpalm, since that stacks nicely with Kolos....

Gorkeyah
12-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Casters seem to have a big boost, but I guess that's normal, though I doubt the slight weapon upgrades will make much difference for monks.

I like the new 5pt palm. It crits and is nice to grab agro. Storm is ok, but not huge when you're grinding or moloing. Maybe it's better in a dps group.

Kaliaila
12-08-2012, 03:35 PM
AA Notes:
Punch Mastery is being looked at to be changed to effect h2h weapons instead of our special attacks.
The way I took what Elidroth said wasn't that the damage increase would be "instead of" but "in addition to" our special attacks. Though the damage increase to h2h attacks would be much less than to our specials; one could also take what he said to mean that all of the damage increases of the skill would be decreased too.

I could add H2H to Punch Mastery, but the damage increase would have to be reduced on that skill. I'll take a look at it today.
Hopefully, he and the other Dev's will have had a chance to talk about this before our AA IRC chat day since they didn't have time before Beta ended.

Aggememnon
12-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Are many attending this chat? I'd really like to have someone talk about disc hastening AAs. The need is highlighted (for me) in the NToV revamp, where there is little downtime between dragons. I was finding that SF and/or terrorpalm would be down ever other event, while zerks/rogs have their best disc available every 10 mins...and jeez reduce reuse on Ironfist already...

tanecho
12-10-2012, 09:06 AM
It seems like these probably don't stack, or maybe not completely. It'll be awhile before I can parse any of this stuff myself. Does anyone know from beta?

I tested on live with a 30 minute minimum hit test. I hit eye of the storm, noted my minimum hit. I then hit Zan fi (which was still at level 95 maximum) and noted my minimum hit 70 points higher. I then hit second spire, and minimum hit was higher again (I forget its number, but it matched lucy data.) So it appears that whatever line eye of the storm uses is new and stacks with our other +damage abilities.

I would be pretty positive that it does not stack with infusion, but stacking it with zan fi is good if the fight will be less than zan fi's duration. Otherwise, it is optimal to use eye of the storm when Zan fi is down.

tanecho
12-10-2012, 09:12 AM
There need to be massive reductions on all our disciplines, especially on Ironfist, which is 30 mns odd. Bonkers. No other melee have reuse that long - rog and zerk best disc are 10 min reuse! Also, I would rather see a bigger reduction on terrorpalm, since that stacks nicely with Kolos....

This should definitely be brought up during our IRC chat. We should either have the same burst available on a somewhat longer timer, or slightly lower burst available on the same timer if we are intended to be below these two. We should not be penalized in both ways. Our defenses are good, but not THAT good, pulling no longer exists, and we provide no benefit to a raid outside of our DPS.

Aggememnon
12-10-2012, 09:49 AM
This should definitely be brought up during our IRC chat. We should either have the same burst available on a somewhat longer timer, or slightly lower burst available on the same timer if we are intended to be below these two. We should not be penalized in both ways. Our defenses are good, but not THAT good, pulling no longer exists, and we provide no benefit to a raid outside of our DPS.

If the topic of defenses comes up, I would quite honestly say that a t4 merc tanks better, and in the past few days I have grouped with mage/chanters whose pets easily kill red con named in Xorbb, which when I tried to tank took me from 50% to 0hp faster that you can hit FD....if they want to call us light tanks then we should eb able to tank at a pinch, for reasonable duration. 1millisec tanking is not valid utility...nor is tanking under impenetrable, for 12 secs out of 3 mins...

tanecho
12-10-2012, 12:05 PM
If the topic of defenses comes up, I would quite honestly say that a t4 merc tanks better, and in the past few days I have grouped with mage/chanters whose pets easily kill red con named in Xorbb, which when I tried to tank took me from 50% to 0hp faster that you can hit FD....if they want to call us light tanks then we should eb able to tank at a pinch, for reasonable duration. 1millisec tanking is not valid utility...nor is tanking under impenetrable, for 12 secs out of 3 mins...

Point taken, I was more talking about mend, impenetrable, etc. Not so much our tanking ability, but our ability to continue DPSing in harsh situations when many other classes cannot. That has generally been an argument made by the higher dps classes against bumping us up.

If they want to define us as a tank, we would need a taunt. With staff block it appears we are intended to tank with a 2h, but it seems impossible to generate the needed threat with one out. I don't think that's the role most of us want anyway. We just want to be taken closer to parity with our pure melee dps brethren and I feel we have a decent case for that.

Ughbash
12-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Point taken, I was more talking about mend, impenetrable, etc. Not so much our tanking ability, but our ability to continue DPSing in harsh situations when many other classes cannot. That has generally been an argument made by the higher dps classes against bumping us up.

If they want to define us as a tank, we would need a taunt. With staff block it appears we are intended to tank with a 2h, but it seems impossible to generate the needed threat with one out. I don't think that's the role most of us want anyway. We just want to be taken closer to parity with our pure melee dps brethren and I feel we have a decent case for that.

Some of us do want to tank. I built him years ago as a tank and I still tank for our groups. Aggro is a huge problem though with an air pet on the mob and proper positioning of everyone else it is not an insurmountable problem.

Taking damage is an issue as is AE aggro (don't expect to ever see that which is really fine since that is SK specialty).

We should tank better then mercs. I know I have talked about this before but I remember when they said using monk as a baseline a warrior shold be 80 percent of our DPS and tank 120 percent better. A rogue should be 120% of our DPS and tank only 80% as well (berserkers were not in the game then). So yes I think we should tank 80 as well as a similarly geared warrior. I know it is a loosing fight but yes I want to tank better.

For our DPS I honestly am more concerned with sustained DPS rather than burst. What I would like to see would be the final rank of Fist of Steel make it an always on hundred hands effect. This would be similar to how Extended Pestilence for Shamans changed from activateable to passive with the last rank (one expansion after introduction). This would increase our sustained DPS however would not stack with Speedfocus which is our main damage disc.

Gorkeyah
12-10-2012, 05:17 PM
On the subject of agro, the post voa levels of 5pt palm can be huge agro, of course it's only every 5min so it wont keep you on top of a long fight or while grinding lots of mobs.

As for tanking in rof, there are some weird mobs out there. There's the king for the last paritsan task in kael, for instance. Anyone give him a try? He was hitting 16k's quite often, and had a 40kish dd that landed. I tried tanking with a 95 and 99 cleric mercs with me at 99. Gamparse reported an average dps against me of 10k.

I almost pulled it off using both impenetrable followed by armor of experience. I had him down to the required 60% or so to do the click, but I was near death many times by then. I ended up getting killed before I got the click off and that was my 2nd or 3rd failed attempt.

Eventually I formed a group with some others, and we had a tank merc and two cleric mercs, plus me, a beast, and a pally. It went much easier for the tank merc. heh

Ughbash
12-10-2012, 06:29 PM
On the subject of agro, the post voa levels of 5pt palm can be huge agro, of course it's only every 5min so it wont keep you on top of a long fight or while grinding lots of mobs.

As for tanking in rof, there are some weird mobs out there. There's the king for the last paritsan task in kael, for instance. Anyone give him a try? He was hitting 16k's quite often, and had a 40kish dd that landed. I tried tanking with a 95 and 99 cleric mercs with me at 99. Gamparse reported an average dps against me of 10k.

I almost pulled it off using both impenetrable followed by armor of experience. I had him down to the required 60% or so to do the click, but I was near death many times by then. I ended up getting killed before I got the click off and that was my 2nd or 3rd failed attempt.

Eventually I formed a group with some others, and we had a tank merc and two cleric mercs, plus me, a beast, and a pally. It went much easier for the tank merc. heh

Tank the king wher he is. The DD is I thnk only if you pull him. Tanked him Yesterday for a friend.

Gorkeyah
12-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Thanks, I was thinking there might be something like that going on.