View Full Version : Staff Block

10-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Has anyone parsed this? What kind of benefit do you get from that AA?

10-08-2012, 01:22 PM
I have not parsed it and I am at max, but at an experience level, I can Absolutely tank things using 2hb that will eat my lunch if I use h2h. Not what you are probably looking for, but if you tank outside of your normal comfort zone (for me tends to be raid events or named) then I routinely go to my big 2hb. If I was to guess, it is basically acts to level out our streaky dmg taking while increasing our capability to riposte and possibly even avoid hits. This is partcularly obvious on the really hard hitters. I have not noticed any dmg per hit reduction as a generalization. So if a mob max hit is 15K... it stays 15k, but I get hit fewer times.

It would be vaguely interesting to figure out the game mechanics of how this benefit is delivered. Purely guessing, but if I was designing it, I would either have the use of 2hb up our flat AC softcap, increase riposte/block, and last and least likely I would have it change the distribution of hits, pushing hits down into a lower per hit avg. If SOE was being particularly screwy, they could even have the use of a 2hb reduce the mobs ATK rating to accomplish the same things. There are SO MANY variables that *could* effect this that the parsing variables would be crazy large to try and in a controlled way figure out.

10-09-2012, 06:50 AM
I'd be interested to see some parses too actually. I've swapped to 2hb a few times when it first came out and noticed bugger all difference. My usual strategy on attempting 'tough' targets is to stay h2h and use my best available burn, or even armor of experience lol (and decry death)...

10-09-2012, 10:29 PM
I 2 box with my magebot, both toons have max mercs. And I can tank many named using 2hb and both with healer mercs. And on many of the named, I die if I try and use h2h. And as many of you know, I AM an AC whore. I would say my average grouped AC is ~8500 with full buffs.

10-10-2012, 10:32 AM
I'll give it a whirl once I catch up on a few levels, thanks fr the feedback.

10-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Only on the fights that I'd lose that were really close, I could pull a win with 2hb. It really comes down to keeping yourself alive just long enough to time out another mend.