PDA

View Full Version : Grind buttons

Patife
07-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Hi all - old-school returnee here, need a few pointers to setting up Hotkeys again, given new level caps, skills etc.
They are for the grind, not for burns, plenty of posts on that already.
Writing this from work, so it's probably not correctly spelled

/pause 3,/disc Cloud of Fists (the pets swarm)
/pause 3,/disc Fists of Wu (double-attack buff)
/pause 3,/disc Calanin's Synergy Rk. ii
/pause 3,/doability 1 (flying kick)
/g Calanin's is in, start kickin'

I hit this button on every fight start, and refresh the double attack song once I see it go.

Just curious if there are more sequences like this that you often repeat and would like to share.

I usually have 58ms to server, and see that a /pause 3 is good for me. Does anyone know exactly how to set this number? (i.e. pauses before xtarget and such)

So - any/all tips to "common grind" sequences that you maye have, please share :)

Gorkeyah
07-30-2012, 10:08 AM
You could throw drunk monkey in there. I also use zan-fi on grinds.

Obiziana
07-30-2012, 10:23 AM
I'd also add stunning kick every time it refreshes. First one right after Calanin's.

twh583
07-30-2012, 11:18 AM
I multibind synergy, F kick, stunning kick to G, and dm and cloud to F. G fires synergy on first press then 2nd press will kick/stunning kick, and dm/cloud have to press it twice usually. I also set up mini burn macros for grinds, innerflame/2.0/2nd, heel/infusion, thunderkick/crane and pop bp. Then keep up zan fi on refresh and smash g/f.

sensei savager
07-31-2012, 07:02 PM
I hit kick one time, crashed the zone, guild doesn't let me do it anymore :tongue:

Sarshish
08-01-2012, 06:22 PM
I have FK on hotkey 2 which I then also map to another hotkey set which has Cloud in it. When I don't want to use cloud (some raids can't use these things on some bosses or bad stuff happens), I can just move the cloud hotkey to another spot so it doesn't fire.

I also do the same with ID or disarm when I am working on those skills. ID is great for this because the rare skillups will happen without my having to worry about hitting a key to practice this. The fear won't effect anything over 60ish so no danger of fearing something by accident.

Same with Stunning kick for when I don't want to generate the extra aggro.

I don't bother using Drunk monkey and just use VS all the time.

Note, when you multi bind keys like this you will want to have the notifications about reuse time going to a different window from chats, tells, etc so you don't miss stuff due to reuse timer message spam.

I have 4 chat windows of various sizes, combat messages, chats/tells, other, and everything else (including reuse timer spam).

Once you max your double attack AAs, don't bother with Fists of Wu as it gives no benefit since you will be at cap.