View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:DZ Sharing/Adding

07-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Mzfyt wrote:

Sorry, cell phone here so only a quick response and its a really simple and suscint one-

Please, play the darn game before you make assumptions. Ive played regularly on every level of the game for 10 years. All you do is listen to cry-babies on the forums. No offence. I have seen and experienced what happens when the reward is removed from the activity. It shouldnt take a smarty-pants to understand this.

I will expound on my ideas tommoroww when I get back home.

1) You missed the pojnt. The people adding then to the task are adding them for the platinum, and nothing else, dont get it twisted. Thats why they are running the tasks over and over. While they are still doing the task, they are not looking for people to do it with them.

2) You still dont get it. These people arent doing the tasks because they are fun. Most of this content sucks. They are doing it for the opportunity to make some plat out of it. Occasionally help friends or guildies, but they sure dont do it for random toons.

I dont really agree with how this game has turned out myself, I dont sell task adds and I am a helpful person even to strangers, but I and I am sure the majority of the player base can tell you with out a seconds thought that by taking this away, you are not hurting the hardcore players who will subscribe regardless, you are hurting the people who are on the edge of subscribing in the first place.

I am 10902940923754205980% for getting people to actually play the game, but taking away TAs wont ehlp that. Giving incentive to a) bring more people and B) participate yourself- is what it will take.

Well, I admit that I'm a pretty stupid designer. I actually listen to a lot of people on forums. The trick is figuring out which ones are right. You have to understand that from my chair it's not possible to tell one cry baby from another...

And you shouldn't assume that I don't play. I might be in your next group. http://www.monkly-business.net/eq/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif

I have no doubt that a lot of people are running tasks just to sell adds. I would rather they did something else, like do missions or tasks for fun WITH the people that are buying their task adds. Heck, sell them an invite to the task, but bring them along, I don't care. Just get them out of PoK and Guild Halls and get them playing. There is fun to be had, and sitting in one zone having others play for you isn't it.

Would people quit if we made it so that those folks had to be invovled to get the rewards? Certainly some would. How many? You don't know any more than I do. Some folks don't like it when we ban people for cheating (no, I'm not saying task adds is cheating, I'm making an example). We lose customers when we do it. But we do it because a healthy game is ultimately the only kind of game that can survive and thrive. We want EQ to be a healthy game.

We are always careful about changes we make that might cause a dramatic change. Certainly we should have snuffed this out a long time ago, when it wasn't an ingrained way to play (or, really, NOT play) the game. We've certainly tried to think of ways to do it. Most of them would have been painful for folks playing the game the right way (yes, I know... I'm fine if you don't like me telling you which is the right way to play, but I'm going to do it anyhow). So we haven't been able to make a change.

But when we find the right way to do it, you should expect us to do it.

There will always be an easiest way to get plat. Hopefully once we remove this the next best way will be more fun and better for the game as a whole.

PS - I appreciate all the feedback, whether I agree with you or not. I wouldn't argue with people if I didn't think there was something to be gained from doing so. I'm far too lazy and too busy to just start random arguments on the forums. http://www.monkly-business.net/eq/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif

More at the official EQ Forums (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=177664&post_id=2683477#2683477)