PDA

View Full Version : question concerning "new posts" link

Sontor
01-11-2011, 12:26 AM
The "New Posts" link along the top of the forums is considerably slower than it used to be. For quite some time it was almost instantaneous, now it takes between a second or two before it responds. Any one else notice? Or is it perhaps a local cache issue?

Not a complaint mind you, just a question and a concern that maybe the underlying mechanics of the site are starting to have issues.

TIA

Sontor
01-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Just cleared my local cache, no help.

ryum
01-11-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure what button or link you mean?

Dythan Dabrave
01-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Since the site update, I get a loading screen when I use "new posts" button. The ones that say click here if your not redirected automaticly.

As a derail, anyone know how to stop the dev tracker from showing up when you use the that button?

ryum
01-11-2011, 09:42 PM
ohhh yeah, I never used that cause of the dev tracker post that spam out everything. Ever since I minimized the eq section I can fit the MMOG section and OOC section on to the screen so I just refresh the page from there and see if there are any check marks on the left to indicate new posts.

Nedrom
01-11-2011, 10:53 PM
to the OP... new posts link works perfectly for me never a hiccup and i'm on this site many times every day

Fatal
01-12-2011, 10:22 PM
The "New Posts" link along the top of the forums is considerably slower than it used to be. For quite some time it was almost instantaneous, now it takes between a second or two before it responds. Any one else notice? Or is it perhaps a local cache issue?

Not a complaint mind you, just a question and a concern that maybe the underlying mechanics of the site are starting to have issues.

TIA

A change in the way it works. Now it loads a new page that does the query ( Plaese wait while your query is running". it's the same speed it always was, it just doesn't start displaying it until the results are loaded. previously it started loading the results immediately.

Sontor
01-13-2011, 07:37 AM
As a derail, anyone know how to stop the dev tracker from showing up when you use the that button?

User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Options, scroll down to the bottom to Exclude Forums from "Get New Posts" and highlight the forums you don't want scooped up in the New Posts check.

Thanks for the replies guys. Just to clear up confusion, my New Posts button works, it's just got a delay now that wasn't there previously. I deleted my cache and cookies and no change so i'm guessing it's something on the forum side, but can't be sure.