PDA

View Full Version : firefox won't stay logged on

Sontor
02-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Hey guys, just switched to Firefox from IE, and I can't seem to stay logged in to the board. Am I making some sort of error with Firefox settings? All my other boards seem to stay logged in...

Thanks!

Abner Thunderheart
02-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Hey guys, just switched to Firefox from IE, and I can't seem to stay logged in to the board. Am I making some sort of error with Firefox settings? All my other boards seem to stay logged in...

Thanks!

I have that issue with both IE and Firefox but only at work. If I don't make a post or change pages in too long I get logged out.

At home I never log out while perusing.

Nedrom
02-12-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't have this issue at all at work and at home and they're seperate ISP

Fatal
02-12-2009, 04:22 PM
It could be a cookie domain issue.

Can you verify what url's you use to access the site at work and at home?

Sontor
02-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Sure thing: http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/index.php

Just for clarification I am only using FF at work for now.

Thanks!

Bodhidharma
02-18-2009, 06:12 PM
I know for a while I too had a problem with Firefox seeming to timeout all the time.

What I did to "fix" this, was to enable the setting in Firefox that says "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox."

Then I click the remember me check box when I log in. When I close Firefox, it sort of auto-logs me out, so when I open Firefox again, I have to log back in... which is the functionality I want. Keep me logged in while I'm browsing, but log me out when I close the browser.

Fatal
02-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Sontor, can you log out of MB, go to a different site and delete all cookies associated with monkly-business.net and try again?

The cookie domain looks right, but when I first did the cutover, the cookie was pointing to my dev domain and you were one of the people that logged in in the 5 minutes before I got it changed. I think it hosed your cookie.

Sontor
02-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Sorry Fatal, missed your post. I'll do that as soon as I get into work on Monday.

Thanks, and I'll keep you posted.

Sontor
02-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Fatal you were right, that was the fix.

Thanks very much!