PDA

View Full Version : AA Question - Purchasing Patterns

Tinymonk
03-29-2008, 09:13 AM
I have a general question on AA purchasing patterns. It seems that most AA lines have their most bang for the buck taking pace in the first ~75% of the levels of the line and that the last ~25% levels in a line add relatively small incremental amounts to whatever that AA line is adding at a much increased cost (i.e. bang for buck goes waaaaay down). Make sense?

With that in mind, I am sitting about about 570 AAs and am thinking that rather than try to top out things like Rapid Strikes (which is at 11 of 15 with the next level costing me 8 AA), I should go back and drive other useful AA lines to the 10th or 11th level first. After all is said and done, and before I get down to the REALLY useful AAs (like maxing my charisma... :smile:), I can go back to each line in turn and top it out. If I go this course, are there any AA lines that you feel should really be topped before moving on to anything else? I already have what I think are the "must have topped" ones topped out (e.g. stun line, ID timer reduction, hastened mend, etc.), but if there are any others that really continue to retain their "bang for the buck" all the way to the end of the line, I'd appreciate the tip.

I know that the new scaling AA bit will help in gaining AAs somewhat, but for me, time is time and it will STILL take me a long time to grind out all of these AAs :).

Thanks.

Massif
03-29-2008, 12:22 PM
What you want to top out depends on your playstyle.

The other monks will be better able to help you if you include a magelo showing current AA distribution.

Tinymonk
03-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Sorry - I should not have mixed my questions :smile:. I am more interested in the general question about the 75% / 25% of an AA line relative to bang for the buck. I know where / what I need to get as far as my play style goes - I was just pondering the general stuff :).

Thanks,
Tinymonk

Ughbash
03-31-2008, 07:52 AM
I would say buy the cheaper stuff first. Unless you are confined to one role.

Skip stuff that you are not going to get any real use out of now. For example if you dual wield skip punishing blade for now. If all you use is a 2hb, then skip ambidextrous and Sinister strikes.

And RUN 8 suck it up and get it.