03-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Bad, copy-paste! Bad.

Qulas
03-25-2008, 10:21 AM
New Delay Death? Fucking kill me now.

Ughbash
03-25-2008, 10:40 AM
New Delay Death? Fucking kill me now.

We were going to, but umm it's been a little delayed.

Othanic
03-25-2008, 12:03 PM
I used Delay Death for the first time last nite on Astire - I died before I could figure out what it was doing.

wycca
03-25-2008, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't expect all of those to go live. It also doesn't include new discs that will be made months from now.

nduma
03-25-2008, 02:52 PM
While I wouldn't expect all those to go live, I do expect the useless ones to make it through and perhaps one of the more useful ones to get pulled.

I expect this because of the guy in charge of spells/feedback. Prathun maybe an awesome event and overall game design guy but, when it comes to spell/discs - he's just too obstinate/jaded.

Even if there are new discs that will be made months from now,
creating new spell/disc like Delay Death usually ends up being a filler as his obstinate side refuses to work with players to find a way that make sense both for the players and his need for limiting player power.

It's not just a monk thing though, all the classes face this.

Sephie
03-26-2008, 02:57 AM
Does that mean there really is going to be another level increase?

Ughbash
03-26-2008, 07:29 AM
They stated when they went to a yearly expansion cycle that EVERY expansion would have a level increase.

Othanic
03-26-2008, 02:14 PM
About the yearly increases in levels - I read the same thing - however, do not agree with it.

Makes content / items for casters most especially - out of date too quickly.

With the new yearly update in levels, only the most recent and 1 prior expansion will not be obsolete - anything beyond that your focus effects / items are going to be so out of date that they are not worth while.

Nedrom
03-26-2008, 02:44 PM
I wouldn't expect all of those to go live. It also doesn't include new discs that will be made months from now.

both you and i know devs have said those exact words for years now, and yet the copy/pastes or spells themselves go live.

its a picture for things to come, and I'm not expecting much more

wycca
03-26-2008, 03:20 PM
both you and i know devs have said those exact words for years now, and yet the copy/pastes or spells themselves go live.

its a picture for things to come, and I'm not expecting much more

I'm just repeating what I was told *shrug*. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

nduma
03-26-2008, 03:58 PM
*shrug*. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I raise your statement with a "Day Light Savings" time change and the clock is broken between 2-3.

I think we all know as long as Prathun is in charge of spells, with his other responsibilities, majority of spells go out as is with the claim they have been tuned.

Some spells are pulled, rarely we get a new one and even more rare is the new idea is something that is vetted out to be useful and instead turns out to be "Delay Death" which then repeatedly gets copy/pasted.

Overall I can fully understand how hard it is to come up with 20-30 spells for 12 classes, 7-8 discs each expansion and have a good number of them to be sometihng "wow, new, oohh cool new added function to an old spell"

But, when they do spend the time to try - then they owe it to themselves not to put out utter garbage like Delay Death. Even if it is 29/30 copy pasted spells with numbers bumped up, if the 30th spell is wow, cool new very useful spell - they'll score a big win.

With Prathun it doesn't and will not happen. His duties with the rest of the game and his feelings to interacting with the community preclude it. One class, may two or three might be happy with their line up but, the rest will be pissed off or just think awww frack ... same old thing.

Shukkex
03-27-2008, 06:18 AM
lol.. a caster in a high end raiding guild will get a whole whopping 3ish(?) months of being "settled" before having to start all over again ><

Kaliaila
03-31-2008, 08:04 PM
That's not bad; most melee classes don't ever get settled.