PDA

View Full Version : What could be my 3rd?

Monngo
03-03-2008, 02:27 PM
I want to try 3boxing and cant decide on what class to add to the arsonel

I have 75monk and 80 shaman. I thought maybe a bard would be cool and not the norm.

What suggestions do you have?

pocketzz
03-03-2008, 02:54 PM
imo, wizzard.

Although I use a druid or cleric (same account) next to my shammy and monk.

Sometimes my shammy has a little trouble keeping up with heals (still working on AAs and gear for both) and the druid fills that need. But I think with a wizard, if the fights last half as long, that would provide the same benefit.

While tanking, my monk dps takes a significant dive.

Leewei
03-03-2008, 03:08 PM
I'd suggest Necromancer. Load him up with Essence Emeralds for emergancy rez, fire off DoTs and Pet and FD while you tank.

Monngo
03-03-2008, 03:10 PM
My shaman has 90% of his healing AA done. I need to work on my monks defensive though.

I would think i would need alot of AA on the monk to be able to keep aggro off the wizard to be able to play the wizard efficiently.

rapitiss
03-03-2008, 03:36 PM
It depends on what you want to do.

If you find that your currently able to tank things reasonable well then add a dps class.

If you find you are struggling to keep your monk up add a healer or start a tank.

Back many moons ago I used to two box monk main and shammy alt.

Here is the break down as I see it:

Bard - pull with either, 30% over haste, run speed, crowd control.
Berserker - high dps melee, easy 2.0, adds snare.
Cleric - heals, hp bufs and rezes.
Druid - heals, nukes, snare, gates , insta group invis
Enchanter - bufs, cc, adds dps to wizzy
Mage - poor mans wizzy. Not a good mix here.
Necro - Dots,dots,more dots.
Ranger - decent dps, FoE , range of DD, tracking
Rogue - high dps melee, 2.0 is a pita still, Sos CR's
Shadowknight - agro whore tank, decent dps
Warrior - defensive for tanking named, classic trio
Wizzy - Good burst DPS, gates , fixed invis.

if it were me and I was manually 3 boxing I would be tempted to go wizzy for easy extra damage.

netura
03-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Mage isn't bad at all, especially now that their pets are sorta good. Plus coth is amazing. If you are good at boxing (mostly if you have 2 machines) you can make a huge train with the monk, position the mage, and coth your other boxes/friends without having to clear.

Leksikon
03-03-2008, 04:24 PM
I love having a bard as my 3rd box. Run speed for just moving around is great (Selo's Sonata AA ftw!), the beneficial songs are great and in many areas I can simply pull faster with the bard than I can with the monk (and no need to wait until a mob's dead if the shammy has mana for another).

It doesn't increase the group damage as much as many other classes would but it's nice to have some more flexibility. I think I would almost be tempted to go with a Paladin if I were adding another character now. There's only so much I really want to tank on the monk and a Paladin's self-heals would certainly offset what a shaman lacks in that department. Only downside I see to a paladin is the typical pain of positioning two melee characters but it could be worse.

thunderfoot
03-03-2008, 05:04 PM
I would pick Wizard. Some would say Druid but honestly I do not see the reason to have two priests in a trio group. Could also have fun from a roleplaying standpoint if you make your Wizard some dark elf chick and use her as your DPS wench.

pocketzz
03-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Oh .. the thing I loved best about moving from a 2box to a 3box.. is that you can take a campfire everywhere you go. So if/when someone dies, you can get a fresh clicky and pop back to camp in 3 minutes :) (Oh .. that is IF your remember to put one down.. which I frequently do)

You can also use this to swap in another toon that shares an account, I do this with my cleric for rezzes and tem

ghidra01
03-03-2008, 07:06 PM
You could always pick up that person whos been /lfg for hours too :)

Monngo
03-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I will 100% of the time pick up someone if they ask to join, but i dont normally seek out someone. I also use LFG while i am 2boxing. i just recently got level 75 and found it really hard get groups between 70 and 74. Except of course those wonderful hoh groups.

pocketzz
03-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Same, I will always take somone with, and even invite them. I will drop bots from the groups. Seems like noone want's to really do any questing anymore. It's only hot zones and phat lewt.