PDA

View Full Version : DPS Groups

Swami
02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
I have a question regarding dps group makeups as I am trying to create a document of some sort that outlines the best dps group makeups, why, what classes benefit the most from what, etc. And I am interesting in hearing some advice regarding this.

So far the main abilities I have come up with are the following:

Monks > Fists of Wu adds double attack to the whole group for one minute (1.5 minutes with demi monk shoulder).

Aura Prevents anyone from being riposted. Great for frontal assaults. Means dps group can burn through enrage and will deal out more damage due to having less attacks blocked by riposte. Also means much less healing is necessary.

Zerkers Cry Havoc Increases chance to crit hit for group

Aura Increases max crit damage

Ancient Cry of Chaos (or Battle Cry of the Mastruq) the latter adds atk and hundred hands effect to the group, the former does the same, with 10 more attack, for the whole raid.

Bards overhaste, attack and damage modifiers

Rogue Theifs eyes increase chance to hit by 5% for group

Shaman Champion increases atk and damage modifier

As far as I can tell these are the primary specific abilities that dps classes bring to the melee table, although I have not yet had the time to look at what AAs are available to contribute to this.

Are there other abilities anyone can offer to augment/correct my information? And can people tell me what classess will benefit the most from what? For example, I have heard that rangers will often see more overall returns from being in a dps group than, say, a monk.

Also in situations of non-optimal group makeup, are there any classes that can replace others not on the list? For example, have enchanters ever had any form of an overhaste in the instance that a bard was not available?

Additionally, what are optimum dps group setups for caster classes? I am assuming druids for their epic clickie? Keeping in mind the same or related questions as above except for casters.

In terms of gear and AA, let's simply assume roughly equal mid-tier to high end raid gear and optimum AA placement. Sort of a best-case-scenario.

If there is already a thread that addresses any of this as well by the way, and is more or less current, please just refer me to that posting as I did not find one specifically on briefly searching the forums. Thanks very much.

Maereax
02-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Shammies add 1.5/2.0 clicky, plus panther

Bards add proc buffs

wycca
02-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Remove Fists of Wu, predator will max you by now pretty much - its an end waste.

Dread
02-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Ancient Cry of Chaos (or Battle Cry of the Mastruq) the latter adds atk and hundred hands effect to the group, the former does the same, with 10 more attack, for the whole raid.

Our ancient cry is group only aswell. Both can be MGB'd with the AA.

polkgaiimahn
02-07-2008, 01:47 AM
Bards got some new activated aa with SoF. Rangers can MGB some short duration dps crap (that doesn't stack with 7th year). And beastlords now have a tgb fast refresh paragon.

Maereax
02-07-2008, 01:57 AM
Bards got some new activated aa with SoF. Rangers can MGB some short duration dps crap (that doesn't stack with 7th year). And beastlords now have a tgb fast refresh paragon.

Auspice

BrueFromXev
02-07-2008, 01:58 AM
Remove Fists of Wu, predator will max you by now pretty much - its an end waste.

Are other dps classes maxed too?

wycca
02-07-2008, 02:05 AM
Are other dps classes maxed too?

Pretty much.

Leksikon
02-07-2008, 04:38 AM
Bards got some new activated aa with SoF.

Fierce Eye and Quick Time, both are pretty decent.

Fierce Eye info - http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=12519&source=Live
Quick Time info - http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=12769&source=Live

Swami
02-07-2008, 12:50 PM
So basically fists of wu is a completely useless disc, even if we add up the total dps of the whole group? Is this in any way gear related? Supposing we have some folks without fero gear and inadequate AAs? Just for the sake of asking.

Also I was wondering, do bards add as much dps to caster groups as they do for melee groups?

Xosa
02-07-2008, 02:55 PM

Eh, Fists of Wu has a 2% advantage over predator... it's kind of a personal preference. I still hit the Wu hotkey just cause it's low endo and lasts 1.5 mins.

Gensis
02-07-2008, 03:13 PM
I think about the only stuff bards add to casters is 30% focus from aura, a mana flare type buff, and increase crit chance. Whether that is more dps than added attack, overhaste, accuracy, procs, and crit chance, I wouldn't know. I would think that hybrids would get the largest dps boost from bards with the utilization of both effects of melee and caster boosts.

For Fists of Wu, it's practically useless if you have all AA for double attack and Fero 6+. I usually don't use it (Fero 5 + all AA) but on occasion I will, especially if I know I won't use all my endurance without a chance to recover after the fight. Of course, if I need more endurance, I have 20 of the Renew Spirit potions from /claim from some expansion dealy.