PDA

View Full Version : Bard, Or Shaman??

Maereax
02-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Just wondering which would up my dps the most as a bot. not sure what factors it would be based on, but I'll answer any questions I can.

Kajok
02-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Druid bots are 4tw, cuz everyone should be cool like me. But if you're b/w those 2 shammy would be better imo. Focus to increase ur stats above cap, mammoth to increase ur hits, champ for attack and puma for the proc. and if you get ur shammy his epic 1.5 or 2.0 can click that for even more of a boost.

Maereax
02-03-2008, 05:51 PM
By the end of today shammy should have 2.0. Bard already has 2.0, both about 450 aa's (not sure on exact numbers). Just wondering which would add more dps on raids and such.

cheeop
02-03-2008, 06:16 PM
def shaman.

Maereax
02-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Shammy epic 2.0 mob - two groups, 6 mains, 6 bots. Lowest main melee (me) 15.5k hp. No Deaths. Discordling Spiritfiend at 7%... WoS crashed. Fuck.

Ugle
02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
What is it you want this other class for? If you're always in your own group in a raid and can bum all the buffs, then in general I'd say Bard will probably be best because you can bum 1+ hour buffs from a Shaman on the raid easier then you can get a Bard in your DPS group for fights.

If you're talking for "soloing" I don't think it's much of a contest. I've had Bards keep groups alive in FC/AG when healers were AFK or whatever, but it was usually a burn some discs and bounce agro until the healers came back kind of thing. On the other hand, with a Shaman I can just tear the place up duo, or a Shaman can MH the group easily (assuming somewhat decent gear/AA's for whoever is tanking). When "PL'ing" myself with a Shaman, he could do decent DPS and keep my tail alive, and we could kill bigger stuff at a faster rate with little to no downtime. Doing it with a bard meant more running around and more downtime, with an overall kill rate that was slower. Bards are great, but man I'd never bet against a Shaman.

Kajok
02-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Should make a druid imo.

Maereax
02-05-2008, 09:20 AM
This would be on raids, as a RCB (Raid critical bot). Out of any given week, with 5 days of raiding, i'm in a tank group 4 of those days, if i'm really really lucky. Most of the time its 5/5. Bringing a shaman along would give me champ whenever i wanted it, panther, mid-fight haste if needed, and possibly 2.0 clicky if she is in the group. For non-raid boxxing i do cleric, monk, shaman and sometimes SK.

If I chose the bard, it wouldn't end up in my group anyway, so theres no point in trying, I was just wondering which would be a larger dps increase. Kinda like a "Hmm... I wonder..." sorta thing?

Xosa
02-05-2008, 05:25 PM
In the context of just your monk, a shaman is always the best duo option. On raids, that holds true too. The deciding factor is if your raids already have a lot of shamans. In that case, go with whatever class your guild/alliance is short on and you have an interest in playing.

Otherwise, shaman > all, for duoing purposes, don't let anyone tell ya otherwise. That's not to say that other duos won't work... just that for maximum production, a monk/shaman duo is the way to go. With that duo, all your bases are covered. And you can really say that for any melee class, except maybe beastlords... who have their own slow, making a druid a great boxing option for them.

Leksikon
02-05-2008, 09:00 PM
I love having my bard on raids, I've essentially retired my shaman. Like Xosa said - on raids - go with whatever you need more and whichever you like playing more. For us, we're light on bards and botting one gets me in the DPS groups (which come with a shaman more often than not). I also have to say that raid-botting a bard is easier than keeping an eye on people's health and it's quite nice to be able to tag your own pulls. Does a bard or monk pull better...? Use both.