PDA

View Full Version : some monk questions

Gwedo18
01-29-2008, 06:28 AM
hi , i have some noob questions as im sure a lot of people have i have jsut come back after 4 years off. .. Im being told that weight is huge thing , i tried to click some of the links to see what the weight ratio should be for my level .. im lv 52 and with just gear and all tinker bags 100 wt red .. im at 25.. any suggetsions? and only one or two peices of my gear is over 1wt.

also where are some good places to solo at lv 52 thru how ever long we can actually solo ..

also any suggestions on decent gear or a link to put in specifc stuff.. i used to use allakhazams but now you have to pay or some gay shit.

also is there any items i could obtain at my level semi easy ( with out much help as i dont know anyone in the game anymore ) that cast a sow , and Gate.. i dont have all expacs yet so i dont have that item i can get via claim .. or at least im being told there is one.

and last but least when fighting .. all i use is melee and flying kick.. i use phantom to help solo pull and then if i get hit i use stonestance discipline .. should i be using anything else that i might not have? .. thanks ahead of time

Kateex Holmes 52 iksar monk .

Hintae
01-29-2008, 11:22 AM
First... go to www.magelo.com and create a magelo so we can see what kind of gear you are working with. That will help us answer most of your questions.

SoW and gate both come in potion form which can be purchased in the bazaar from somebody who made them with a shammy.

Kajok
01-29-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure about 52, but I know that at lvl 80 anything at or above 33 will cause effects and they are noticeable, about 15ac or so iirc. If you're concerned about weight you might look into getting some Tae Ew Hide Sack (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=18505)s. My guess is that at 52 the weight would be around 21-23, a good way to test is to jsut keep adding coins to urself until you notice the AC dropping, then take away til its abck to normal.

That's all I cna really help with, when Kelefane asked me for help wiht his monk I suggested a trance stick and no clue where to solo. So old school =x

Dread
01-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Tae ew bags are WAY too expensive for a returning player unless you have loads of cash sitting around. Bag wise I'd lean more towards Leatherfoot Haversacks still 100% WR and at 52 the 0.6lb is not a big deal. Oh and on avg they run about 15k cheaper that Tae ew. Another suggestion would be to buy some ebon/radiant crystals in the baz for the DoN bags.

Kajok lol wth?! spice girls? lol

Kajok
01-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Yea I suppose at 52 wouldn't be able to farm them solo yet.

And the spice girls are hawt.

GIJoe
01-30-2008, 12:23 AM
My guess is that at 52 the weight would be around 21-23, a good way to test is to jsut keep adding coins to urself until you notice the AC dropping, then take away til its abck to normal.

The only other monk I ever spoke with said that the weight issue was dead. I can see now that I have a lot of learning to do.

Tzaj
01-30-2008, 03:07 AM
At 52 I think I set up camp in crystal cavens (velious) killing mobs at the bottom and selling stuff to the dwarfs using sneak, and putting the cash in their bank.

Leksikon
01-30-2008, 07:54 AM
lol Kajok, best magelo song to date. I'll probably disagree when I'm sober, but I'm laughing my ass off atm.

Kateex - I'd recommend just leveling as much as you can, weight limit increases as you level so the easiest way to get around being overweight (unless you're 80) is to increase the limit. Saves money, saves time that you might be farming plat, and ya gotta get there anyway.

Kajok
01-30-2008, 08:00 AM
CC golems is good place to make decent plat at 52. It's where I soloed way abck when, that and giant fort in FM, though I'm not sure if that's below 52 or not.

Also, the AC loss for being over weight does cap out. I'm not exactly sure what the cap is but I know that after a certain point you don't lose anymore. When I had all ym money on me i was at like 4k weight and my ac dropped from 2.7k to 2.4k so the cap is below 4k and above 33~

Qulas
01-31-2008, 04:44 PM
Ahhh well that explains a lot. Kajok has both " queen " illusions. I think thats more then a coincidence.

Kajok
01-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Haha, bixie queen 4tw!

Maereax
01-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Ahhh well that explains a lot. Kajok has both " queen " illusions. I think thats more then a coincidence.

Their for when he dances to his profile song!!

Kajok
01-31-2008, 09:02 PM
They're good songs omg!

Why do I derail every thread I post on lol and you should see RoV's homepage, all our win screen shots I'm in bixie queen form~

Maereax
01-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Cause its fun..

Kaliaila
02-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Here's Kateex's profile. http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/character_profile.vm?characterId=438086708721#Lite

Rahkim
02-08-2008, 04:27 AM
Kunark zones are some of the better xp you're gonna get soloing. FM giants, karnor's, chardok, seb will last you for awhile. At 70 the juggs in seb were still decent AA.