PDA

View Full Version : Shimmering Silhouette ninj-nerfed?

Oaklen
01-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey folks,

I was curious if anyone else has noticed a rather large nerf to the range on Shimmering Silhouette? It sure seems to me that the range has been reduced. After noticing this in game after the last patch I headed to Alla to double check the range listed:
Range to target: 200

(I am pretty damn sure I have had to got a lot closer than 200 since last patch.)

I guess my questions are as follows:

1. Am I going crazy, or have other folks noticed this change in the functionality of this ability?

2. Was this nerf done on purpose, or is it a "bug"?

3. If the range was nerfed and it was nerfed knowingly, what was the logic behind it? Was there a problem with our 'Silhouette' line unbalancing the game or something? I just cannot recall any talk at all on this issue before this last patch.

I look forward to your coments.

Jerone
01-23-2008, 04:53 PM
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=14799&source=Live says no change.

nduma
01-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Elevation where you've been trying it ? Mob may look like it is real close but, if difference in height between you and mob, that could make a difference.

Can't say I've used it since patch but, I really can't imagine them nerfing this of all things (on purpose at least). If anything, it would be our Echo.

Maereax
01-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Can't say I've used it since patch but, I really can't imagine them nerfing this of all things (on purpose at least). If anything, it would be our Echo.

Thats just what they want you to think...

Oaklen
01-24-2008, 02:48 AM
Hmmm I will try it again tomorrow and test it more... It definitely seemed shorter range yesterday. I'll get back you ya.

Leksikon
01-24-2008, 04:39 AM
Today was the first day I actually noticed it working at all.

Kaliaila
01-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Silhouette wouldn't be subject to the elevation bug. You would have to be more than 200 below the mob for elevation to effect anything. This is because the lulls don't require LoS.