PDA

View Full Version : Does SoE do anything about Hackers?

DabrixMGP
12-09-2007, 07:59 PM
http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/character_profile.vm?characterId=476741887543

Does anyone else find anything totally wrong with this profile? Heres a hint check the AAs too. Are other servers just as bad? Theres quite a few level 75+ no name monks popping up on FV with raid gear that I have never seen before. I just want to know how to get level 75 with almost 700 AAs in under 5 days played.

Maereax
12-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Short answer... no.

If they happen to be on, and happen to get a report, and happen to not be feeling too lazy... they might consider zoning in and checking up on it, but from what i've seen... no

Akomi_RZ
12-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Maybe if you drive it backwards, it'll take the miles off?

Tzaj
12-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Aside from a couple of items, most are rot status in my guild. I would think in the Sol farming guilds all items are rot status.

As for levels and AA's; just because I can't do it, doesn't mean other classes can't earn silly exp PLing. How many AA's can the best solo class make these days? Stick in your 75 alt with LoD on, then camp when it runs out, how many AA's are they going to make?

But you can see its not a played monk by the skills, at best its been a punchbag.
Throwing 10 / 300
Swimming 101 / 270
Sneak 4 / 113
Sense Heading 200 / 200
Safe Fall 55 / 380
Round Kick 3 / 270
Riposte 280 / 280
Offense 290 / 290
Mend 138 / 200
Kick 43 / 305
Intimidation 1 / 270
Flying Kick 2 / 270
Fishing 10 / 200
Feign Death 188 / 200
Eagle Strike 1 / 270
Dual Wield 189 / 270
Dragon Punch 1 / 270
Defense 280 / 290
Begging 5 / 270

eagleclaww
12-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Maybe if you drive it backwards, it'll take the miles off?

Ferris Buller's Day Off?

piao
12-09-2007, 11:12 PM
how about the 4 brumals in his bags and the 6 molds etc .. short answer is no . cheat your way to the top is the new eq

Qulas
12-10-2007, 01:53 AM
If i saw that on a non FV server I would say hacker for sure. But in all honesty, its FV, you can buy all that stuff....

I mean it could be some guilds monk gear mule for all we know <shrug>

Qulas
12-10-2007, 02:00 AM
personally I love the monks who have 12 days played, and 2000 aa's.

piao
12-10-2007, 02:37 AM
sad thing is we have seen it on non fv servers and on multiple monk toons still around a year later

Kajok
12-10-2007, 05:39 AM
Funny, he's even got raid items that aren't monk useable, most noteably the sekv~

Kaliaila
12-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Most likely the ones still around after a month were the ones who learned about the changes that had been made before it was fixed for a time. I'm sure Sooner or later after they deal with the current code issues from SoF and the server stability issue they'll get that code fixed too.

Savok
12-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Funny, he's even got raid items that aren't monk useable, most noteably the sekv~

Most FV items are no drop. Like the guy above said, he could just be a guild mule to carry all the extra stuff?

Tzaj
12-10-2007, 09:16 AM
4 brumals in his bags, thats one lucky SoaB to get that many legit lol

Ughbash
12-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Maybe when a Warrior gets more HP then Frodlin with 4 days played he will start a major bitchfest and get hacking nerfed.

netura
12-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Maybe when a Warrior gets more HP then Frodlin with 4 days played he will start a major bitchfest and get hacking nerfed.

zing.

Massif
12-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Most FV items are no drop.

Don't know where you get this idea.

EDIT: It ain't so. Also, I looked at this guy's profile and just to go out on a limb, it's just possible that he might be a MQ toon.

monk222
12-10-2007, 07:02 PM
I will give you my experience with what Sony does with hackers.

I had in past suspected one person of hacking , due to them showing off , linking me 10 Anguish drops AND all molds (not turned in yet) and them telling me they were still doing faction to get the armor turned in . That person DID get banned , i know GM's are not supposed to confirm anything to you due , but i happened to see a GM pop right on this said person as i was standing there . Sent GM a tell asking if he caught him cheating because i had reported them , he confirmed and told me he saw all the logs and cheating , and this person was BANNED right then and there, have not seen him since :)

About week later , in Illsalin , not sure if you all are familier with Ritesmaster Verok , but i saw another person there, alone , with the room all dead , mobs not moved off spawn , and corpse timers all within 1 second of each other (impossible to do legit) AND , ritesmaster dead, and him looting it . Well it doesnt take a genius to figure out he was hacking , again , i reported this said person and the GM's again , checked his triggers and from there , checked his logs and caught him and banned . And he has not been in game since either.

So , YES , they do ban them guys . All it takes is for you to petition a suspected cheater , give as much info as you can . Screenshots are always a plus , as are time and dates. They WILL check them , and if they have any triggers (triggers are set when certain mobs are solo'd ) then they check logs for those triggers , and from there its easy for them to tell if the mob was legit killed solo or any hacks used.

So do not hesitate to petition someone you suspect ( The petition system can be a complete pain in the rear end sometimes but hang in there ).

I used to think they did nothing, but i have seen two hackers banned now all because of them being petitioned. So take the 10 minutes time and report the person you believe could be a hacker just make sure you give your reasoning , and screenshots if its possible. They will look in to it and will ban cheaters ;)

Ughbash
12-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Monkette one of the big cheaters on Tunare has been petitoned countless times, and has been suspended numerous times, but is always back.

Currently it takes on Tunare approximately 5 days for a petition to be looked at. There are MANY cheaters.

Maereax
12-11-2007, 09:21 AM
zing.

Hah

Crouching
12-11-2007, 10:10 AM
The last GM I had spoken with about hacking stated the following.

The first offense is a 2 week suspension.

The second offense is a ban.

This was last week in reference to some asshat selling phosphenes (large quantity) in the bazaar.

Bottom line you can directly make an impact on the number of hackers on your server if you use the CS tools and are persistant.

Ughbash
12-11-2007, 11:10 AM

This was last week in reference to some asshat selling phosphenes (large quantity) in the bazaar.

Bottom line you can directly make an impact on the number of hackers on your server if you use the CS tools and are persistant.

That does not seem to be the case on Tunare.

Though how do they track it by account? or by Character.

If by account, maybe they transfer to a different account. I honestly don't know but would hazard a guess that Monkette has had in the neighborhood of three 2 week suspensions, and always come back.

Maereax
12-11-2007, 12:33 PM

It's their game, why is it our responsibilty to report hackers, time after time, and not have anything happen? The devs are too busy worrying about high end guild raiders bitching and moaning because theres 3 less AC then there should be on Random_item_01, or Warriors that dont raid for 90% of their life being ALMOST the same stats as them. Considering the devs can and do have access to hacks, there shouldn't be a reason they can't fix or find a way to catch those who use it.

Sslithx
12-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Here is how to make it work.

1) Catch someone cheating. Be sure its cheating. Dont guess.
2) Petition - Server, Cheater name, Zone, Time, Date, Explanation what was being done.
3) Resend petition-- You will get a canned response within a day or 5, near the bottom of this canned response is a link if you are not satisfied with the response. Well since its canned, of course you arent satisfied. Hit it again, give same info and be assertive that paying to play fair is crap when some guy is soloing end game content for the same price.
4) Count to 3. Literally 3 days after you send 2nd response i will almost guarantee you dont see that character name for at least 10 to 20 days. And when you inspect the character when they come back you will notice them nearly naked since they also get rolled back.
5) Enjoy your carnage.

Ajax
12-11-2007, 07:59 PM

As Crouching stated thats the understanding we have of it from the GM, but it's the account that gets banned not all that persons account so if 1 out of 5 accounts is only caught then it's just that 1. The Monks in Diligence on Seventh have set forth a pretty strong effort to rid hackers of the server by this we've been petitioning like crazy. And from what I've seen so far in the past month or so the hackers on the server have been depleting although there always seems to be 1 or 2 around. But if hacker (A) first account out of 6 gets banned then hacker (A) second account of 6 gets banned hopefully he'll start getting tired of wasting his money and move to WoW or something. But I have noticed less hackers around. So if you're going to petition someone for hacking or exploiting be very descripitve as to why you think he is. Such as Traderasshat in the bazaar is selling 5k Phosphenes I talked with the 1 guild raiding Solteris and they have assured me they're not selling them. Or Johnnydouchebag has 2 Balls of Sunlight and is not in the 1 guild that is up to event 7 nor has any guild capable on this server beaten the event yet. And from my understanding he/she is not a server transfer. Basically the more descriptive the better shot you got at him/her being Suspended or Banned.

Ajax
12-11-2007, 08:02 PM
It's their game, why is it our responsibilty to report hackers, time after time, and not have anything happen? The devs are too busy worrying about high end guild raiders bitching and moaning because theres 3 less AC then there should be on Random_item_01, or Warriors that dont raid for 90% of their life being ALMOST the same stats as them. Considering the devs can and do have access to hacks, there shouldn't be a reason they can't fix or find a way to catch those who use it.

You pay for the game therefore it's your game, take some initiative in the 5 minutes you have probably sitting afk or lfg in the lobby hall or wherever it is and take the time to do it if you know someone is exploiting. If you submit things properly it'll be addressed

Baccas
12-12-2007, 09:20 AM
You pay for the game therefore it's your game, take some initiative in the 5 minutes you have probably sitting afk or lfg in the lobby hall or wherever it is and take the time to do it if you know someone is exploiting. If you submit things properly it'll be addressed
Nope, you rent the game. SoE owns the game.

netura
12-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Nope, you rent the game. SoE owns the game.
If you want to compare it to real-life rental situations, then SoE, as the owner, has a legal responsibility to make sure that everything is A-OK.

edit: I'm not saying thats how I feel. Just something to think about!

Massif
12-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Precisely. But they don't really care about hacking unless you care about it. The analogy to a car rental or something is something like:

Thanks for renting me the car, but why is it these other guys are getting to rent Lamborghinis for the same price as my Kia?

Xosa
12-12-2007, 02:25 PM
http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/character_profile.vm?characterId=476741887543

Does anyone else find anything totally wrong with this profile? Heres a hint check the AAs too. Are other servers just as bad? Theres quite a few level 75+ no name monks popping up on FV with raid gear that I have never seen before. I just want to know how to get level 75 with almost 700 AAs in under 5 days played.

Since it's FV server, the gear could be legit... but the almost 700 AAs in under 5 days played is pretty far-fetched.

netura
12-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Since it's FV server, the gear could be legit... but the almost 700 AAs in under 5 days played is pretty far-fetched.

Well...I leveled a toon from 1-65, and over 300 aa in less than 1.5 days /played. I didn't hax it at all. IIRC exp potions are NOT flagged no-trade, so if lotd was running and it was efficient PL'ing, id say its possible.

Zarie
12-13-2007, 08:05 PM
There is really a character named Monkette??? I never knew that a character existed of that name.

Acccck.It is what I call my Zarie when I am talking about her as she is a female monk. Decided there had to be a word signifying a femal monk so started saying that since 1999. Maybe someone picked up on it.

/sigh.

You have not written on your site in a while..around July is last I see. All is okay?

Take care,

Zarie

DabrixMGP
12-14-2007, 01:32 AM
Well...I leveled a toon from 1-65, and over 300 aa in less than 1.5 days /played. I didn't hax it at all. IIRC exp potions are NOT flagged no-trade, so if lotd was running and it was efficient PL'ing, id say its possible.

Please tell me how lol. I lost all my gear during a server crash on FV as well as my character so I'd like to be able to level up as fast as possible to replace all my stuff that SoE doesnt seem to want to replace.

netura
12-14-2007, 05:01 AM
extreme powerleveling combined with a good method of getting the most hits on LoTD

Pliko
12-14-2007, 05:09 AM
There is a bug with camping to char select after playing a while in one zone, if you burn a lesson, camp, and leave character at screen, and have less than 24 hours played, sometimes it will roll back the time... has happened to me before, lvl 65 zerker with 110 aa only showed 20 hrs played

netura
12-14-2007, 06:04 AM
I did not know that. Thats cool

polkgaiimahn
12-17-2007, 01:24 AM
http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/item_details.vm?itemId=80643

Recent looters of Solteris event 4 talons. lolz.

Fulic
12-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Humm a level 59 Monk that has only played 1 whole day now has Sharpened Talons of the Lycanthrope?

Fulic
Keepers of the Glade
Bertox

rapitiss
12-19-2007, 03:54 AM
I PL'ed my nephews zerker last year before they nurfed druid skin and was clocking a pretty steady 10 aa / hr up to about level 62 and I think about 400 AA.

To get the most out of your xp potion and lotd is to log to char select while the meat shield runs around gathering mobs, then when the mobs are about 20% life , log back in pop off a PBAE collect the xp hits and log back to select screen.

I would generally stretch out the 30 min lotd to about 2 hrs.