PDA

View Full Version : Charm in Demiplane?

Welhun
11-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi guys,

I sometimes pull for our guild in Demiplane and I *always* get charmed by the wolves while the bards can pull and hardly ever get charmed. Is there something I'm missing in gear or aa that could help?

Also any suggestions on gear would be appreciated! Due to low numbers highest raids are demiplane atm.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/301886

Cheers, Welhun

nduma
11-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Two things - Impen run will once again block it.

Secondly - range. Tag at max range and don't wait for your projectile to hit the wolf, run. They'll start to cast and by the time they are done, you are OOR. There is a recast involved and hopefully by the time you are in camp, a tank will have agro so you can go pull again.

Having your blockers so that you aren't snared will play a factor obviously.

Kheibik
11-16-2007, 08:27 PM
As Nduma said, Impenetrible rune will absorb the spell. If you don't have that up you can resist it with high disease resist. If I recall correctly, the resist check on the WW charm (lycanthropic fury) is around -450 disease. Once you have all your blockers turned in, make sure you get a disease resist buff. I would run around pretty much immune to it with a 625 disease resist. It would land on me about 1/100 times and when it did land it would only last 1-3 ticks tops.

Looking at your magelo I noticed you don't have an Ancient Werewolf Skull. I would strongly encourage you to get one of those, as +50 to all resists is a huge help to maxing your resists on raids and eventually you won't need other resists buffs at all, so you save on buff slots. Between the mask and ToT you shouldn't have to worry too much about the WW charm anymore.

Tzaj
11-16-2007, 09:48 PM
We used to get charmed too. so tag the tagger. Gets easier not to be charmed with high resists and run speed.

BrueFromXev
11-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Dreamwalk is good for those too.

Iksa
11-17-2007, 02:51 AM
Make a bard pull. Bard + DA song 4tw.

Shaatoth
11-17-2007, 10:47 AM
First, I switch to Time shurikens for range instead of closer up tier 1 oow tunic. Then I just wait and hit purify before the first two wolves (but right after the every 5 minutes "pulse" of debuffs. Unless ZiT pops on Wolf one, and sometimes even when, allows me to get both wolves before zone debuffs reasert themselves. By the time we get to the second batch of wolves, purify is back up. Very easy to stay uncharmed that way.
Shaa

schaw
02-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Aye, My resists are very high, the best iv seen thus far to help with this is as said to use max range pull.... if purify isnt up to out run I have also found that along with max range and with teh snare still as running down the ramp jump as you run.. this may not help as much as it seems to but it has seemed to help me with theses pulls as well with just reg trash pulls.... the slant run does not seem to hep as much as the jump while running does...

Tempur
03-02-2008, 05:07 AM
If you don't have three blockers turned in to negate the snare, I'd just arrange for a tagger or as has been mentioned, use one of the discs to block the charm.

If you are snare free, use a ranged item instead of dispell clicks. Throw whatever you have and run like hell and you should be able to outrun their casting range. The second shadowmane is the only one that will occasionally still get me with the charm in this manner, and that is purely do to the shorter line of sight.