PDA

View Full Version : Dev Tracker

saoshen
11-14-2007, 04:52 PM
While I sincerely appreciate it would be useful for folks who don't visit eqlive much...

Is there any way to hide or filter those posts from the 'new posts' link?

It's just rather redundant to have the dev tracker posts mixed in with the regular board posts, particularly when there is already a dev tracker @ eqlive, and it makes it difficult to check on MB posts/threads.

Fatal
11-14-2007, 06:25 PM
I can do that I believe. I dont like their tracker anyway and was thinking about dumping it.

Leksikon
11-14-2007, 06:44 PM
I thought the tracker was a nice touch, with all the posts made on eqlive on a daily basis there's no way I see even 10% of what's happening. But we lived without it, can live without it again :)

Fatal
11-14-2007, 07:20 PM
I just need to figure out how to get it excluded from New Posts.

Their feed doesn't include simple things like Name and Time and it really leaves a lot to be desired. It's a simple fix on their end, but they have not responded to my requests to fix it.

Dythan Dabrave
11-14-2007, 10:08 PM
lol i was just coming here to request the same thing. It's nice to know they are there, but it's bad when 60% of the new post are from the Dev tracker.

jorekil
11-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Personally I love the dev tracker and I like it showing up on the new posts...but that's just me /shrug

saoshen
11-15-2007, 12:04 PM
I'd be happy with just a user option to turn it on/off, that way those who want it so they don't have to bother with eqlive can use it, while those who already use eqlive don't have to see dupes.

Dythan Dabrave
03-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Bumping this thread.

I added the MBDevTracker to my ignore list, but it just blocks the actual type, not the message from showing up under new posts.

Anyway for me to completely ignore that forum?

silenzhandz
03-25-2008, 02:24 AM
I like teh tracker :)

Fatal
03-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Ok, here is what you want to do.

Go to User Cp.
-- edit options
-- Scroll down to misc options

The last box will allow you to select forums to exclude from the newposts search.

Select the ones you don't want included, hit save and you should be set.

It was the best way I could deal with some people wanting certain forums excluded etc.
Let me know if there are any issues.

Fatal
03-25-2008, 01:47 PM
If this isn't working for you, please post the theme you are using.

Dythan Dabrave
03-25-2008, 08:20 PM
EQ dev tracker forum doesn't appear as an option to bock. Default skin