PDA

View Full Version : stunning kick, crippling strike, eye gouge upgrades

Nedrom
11-07-2007, 11:47 AM
have been retroactively upgraded to include a higher damage component, so there is more reason to use them now

they are modded by scaledfist/ashenhand too

im only posting about it because I saw someone mention that it's been pushed live, but figured it would go live with SoF.

they've also had their physical resist checks upgraded to land more often

Ughbash
11-07-2007, 12:20 PM
SOF may be a turd, but at least its a fresh steaming turd.

wycca
11-07-2007, 12:39 PM
I thought I posted this somewhere. Maybe I was just talking about it in channels last night!

cheeop
11-07-2007, 12:43 PM
sweet, i love stunning kick when soloing.

Leksikon
11-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Do they all have the same base-damage component or is one more damage than another?

Nedrom
11-07-2007, 02:28 PM
i think, when maxed out, they all have the same *per level to level* for the AA itself

like eye gouge 1 = stunning kick 1, etc...

Iksa
11-07-2007, 03:04 PM
This is ok I guess, but Trukx and I tested stunning kick out on all of the Solteris bosses a week or two ago and neither of us got a single stunning kick to land on a boss. Thus, the fact that these abilities are modded by Scaledfist is useless unless you're in the habit of burning discs on trash mobs. *If* the resist rates have been tweaked, they haven't been tweaked nearly enough in my opinion.

Rasputyn
11-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Use Eye Gouge?

Nedrom
11-07-2007, 04:47 PM
This is ok I guess, but Trukx and I tested stunning kick out on all of the Solteris bosses a week or two ago and neither of us got a single stunning kick to land on a boss. Thus, the fact that these abilities are modded by Scaledfist is useless unless you're in the habit of burning discs on trash mobs. *If* the resist rates have been tweaked, they haven't been tweaked nearly enough in my opinion.

from my discussion with nodyin there are two things

boss settings and ability settings
if the boss settings are set too high from what i understand some may never land (ex: eye gouge on solusek ro, event 7 solteris)

i'll fire off an email to him and ask him about the success rate for these on solteris bosses

wycca
11-07-2007, 08:09 PM
No need to, I already covered it a few weeks ago.

You were parsing without the new resists. Which yes, it won't land on ALOT of the Solteris bosses, either at all (in the case of Solro or Mayong2.5), or very often (most others).

The stun also won't land for obvious reasons.

Basically there are about 40 npcs (Nodyin looked, and less live) that have above base-lvl adjustments to their physical resists. You can probably guess what most of them are.

I had the opportunity to test the new resists (at a higher level than you have access to atm I will say - and a higher level in more sense than 1), on SolusekRo and other raid npcs with higher physical resists.

My old land rate on Solusek Ro, out of perhaps 80 attempts, was 1-2 lands, the rest avoids.

In the parsing I did, we tested maybe 30 uses, and on Solusek Ro, the land rate was closer to 80-85%.

This ability will land now.

Chakarum
11-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Just FYI; crippling strike and eye gouge have the same damage progression, while stunning kick is slightly lower damage.

Pliko
11-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Just FYI; crippling strike and eye gouge have the same damage progression, while stunning kick is slightly lower damage.

Ive seen 6k crits on live with stunning kick, what are you seeing with crippling strike/gouge?

Jerone
11-09-2007, 04:01 AM
Lets not let that statement stand out of context cause it will cause us trouble just like all the ooo look at my CSF crit numbers posts.

Your 6k crits were with what buffs/discs running? (mine have been with ashenhand disc, champ, shammy 2.0 click and the normal crap).

Raptyr Tailfist
11-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Ok wtf is going on here .. when I press Stunning Kick, it *always* says "This creature is immune to the stun portion of this spell" and there's never any real damage. CRITS FOR SIX THOUSAND??

You talk about stunning Sol Ro in Solteris, and I cant even stun a f'ing Shissar in Katta.

Explain please

Nedrom
11-09-2007, 05:19 PM
stunning kick only works to specific NPC levels, maxed from tss, you can only stun white con, unless they are stun immune npcs

Chakarum
11-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Ok wtf is going on here .. when I press Stunning Kick, it *always* says "This creature is immune to the stun portion of this spell" and there's never any real damage.

Likely what is happening is that since the spell is trying to do damage and stun at the same time, if the stun is resisted (or immune, in this case) the damage is also avoided. This is something I had asked Nodyin about. I'll test it again, but likely this will need to have the stun portion work as a doom effect in order for the damage portion to work on stun immune mobs.

Come to think of it, snare immune mobs might have the same effect on Crippling Strike. I'll look at that too.

wycca
11-10-2007, 10:58 AM
This is why you use eye gouge.