PDA

View Full Version : Ugh someone hit the forums with an ugly stick

ryum
10-26-2007, 06:05 PM
I don't know bout the software mumbo jumbo or anything like that. Just saying this place looks fugly... lol

Fatal
10-26-2007, 06:23 PM
To me, its the same color scheme as its always been. When we switched from ezboard to phpbb originally, I just used the monkly theme.

We MAY do a couple more templates, but that would be it. The problem with 10+ templates is that every change has to be made to all of the templates and some end up not working etc.

We'll see.

out of curiosity, which theme did you use on the phpbb boards?

Kaane Feiwong
10-26-2007, 06:44 PM
I forget the name, but it's the one that didn't have a logo and was all white. This was good for surfing at work since it looked like a typical windows layout.

guice666
10-26-2007, 07:14 PM
It's the same colour schema, but I do agree it's still ugly. Not done very well, yet.

Here's the original for comparison, yes it is still up (just completely locked): http://p201.ezboard.com/bmonklybusiness43508

ryum
10-26-2007, 07:21 PM
I used the monkly one I think

I liked it cause there were no sigs, no post counts, no photo next to name... This color scheme is right... or atleast close enough but all the little things are off making it look clunky and bleh

I liked the last look way more than the original from the ezboard

Stefin Fetchit
10-26-2007, 10:36 PM
I used monkly also, but this layout is cumbersome. Huge wasted real estate with the username taking up an entire row. It would be nicer if it was to the side of the post like the old system.

XuntraBertoxx
10-26-2007, 11:06 PM
I just spotted what the difference is that makes me dislike the new boards.

Spacing. There's too much spacing between the various things. Before, stuff like the Yahoo IM/AIM/Username/Title were bunched into the sides or in one small line on the bottom. Now it's all spread out in that big bulky block that looks fugly imo.

Then the titles on the main page Show the title of the thread and who posted it underneath making that page bigger than we're all used to.

Overall, it's like going from 1280x1024 down to something like 800x600.. Everything is way too big and not as sleek and slim-lined like the old boards.

Fatal
10-27-2007, 05:32 AM
better?

Dooyas
10-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Actually yes, much better. :)

Wilzerd Balefire
10-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Mucho bettero.

My spanglish is almost as goodly as me english.

ryum
10-27-2007, 12:43 PM
yeah.. I guess its a lil better, but now we dont have the light grey, to greenish grey switch off from one post to the next. sucks this change raped the harry potter thread... That was easily the funniest thread I have seen on this board in months.

guice666
10-27-2007, 12:46 PM
I like everything is to the side now, but it still looks fug ugly. no way to mimic the original ezboard theme a bit more? ;)

ryum
10-27-2007, 12:59 PM
I liked that last board's look much more than the original ezboard... All streamlined and sexy...

PS guice I didn't know you were in dallas... i wonder how many more posters are in the dfw area

XuntraBertoxx
10-29-2007, 01:37 AM
I do like the clump on the left a bit better than previously. This is a lot nicer. Now if we could find a way to put that Post info right next to the # of posts.. So, kinda like "10-27-2007, 05:59 PM #13" or something to that effect and then get that divider out of there. It might work

Tinymonk
10-29-2007, 06:55 AM
Can you also place the breadcrumb trail at both the top AND the bottom? I know that I can use the Forum Jump drop down, but clicking on a spot in the breadcrumb trail just seems, um, easier :).

-Tiny

Bodhidharma
10-29-2007, 10:49 AM
I always used the "dark" profile or whatever it was. It made the background black, with some kind of goldish trim.

Other thing I don't like, is that in almost every post I'm in, I have to scroll right/left to read all of a post. The old forums used to conform post display size to the size of my browser window. I don't full-screen browse the forums.

Stefin Fetchit
10-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Looking better yeah! More streamlined now and not as much wasted space with the user info on the left edge.

I think someone else mentioned the other thing that I couldn't put my finger on at first, but the alternating colors from light to dark for each post would be cool too.

Thanks!

XuntraBertoxx
10-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Agreed. Alternating colors is another thing that differs from the two boards