PDA

View Full Version : Where to solo now? ---Con game

Souljahha
09-20-2006, 05:25 AM
I was pretty bummed out when i ran to WoS to ding 71, then waiting on folks to log in and get a group I decided to solo cubby since everything else was lt. blue and gave no reg exp whatsover. 2 at once was pretty rough and resulted in fd's and me making single pulls mostly. Those blue cons hit pretty good. Needless to say the exp was craptastic too 15 ish kills including 1 named got me maybe 1 blue or so in 71). Didn't check aa exp as i was 100% reg.

Roughly 12.5k hp unbuffed I can handle some fairly tough fights, but what about the middle or low end monks? We all know it can be tough at times for monks to find groups. MPG maybe in a couple levels a higher end monk could solo decently, doesn't really leave many options for lower end monks though.

I'm pretty bummed all the spots I used to solo effeciently are worthless now and it's going to be tough to find places for awhile that are even feasible to me let alone a 7-8k ish hp monk. ( I expected that at 73 or so but not 70-71).

Grinding reg exp. grouping is the way to go and probably instances is best bet and some TSS areas.

I'm a bit disappointed with new con system overall, hopefully new damage tables will make up the difference and open up some tougher content that is soloable, but I really see the lower-end monks taking it on the chin here at least until they can gear up via new quests, older missions, and raids they may have been have dificulty beating.

cellic
09-20-2006, 06:03 AM
Afaik nothing has really changed except the /con colors. Those mobs would've given crappy xp before too, being outside the 5 lvl range, only difference is that now you know when a mob is going to give crappy xp.

Ddemons
09-20-2006, 07:53 AM
whats the new con color again?
havent been on yet, if i play EQ it takes me awhile to adjust to my other games differing controls and im working on beating my other games heh
but whatever. my comment is, this is gonna be exactly the same as the day LBlue came out for me..
im gonna hate it, because my knowledge of the con system is now screwed ..again..

Sephie
09-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Exp gain hasn't changed at all. Soloing in WoS would of taken 15 mobs per 1% before, or after the patch. Only thing that changed was the con system. As was already said, now you know before you kill a mob if its going to crappy exp or not. Before the patch, you had to fight there for a while to find out.

The only exp change applied purely to AAxp. And that change pretty much made it so you gained a certain %aaxp based on the /con of the mob.

I think you will also find that your fungi tunic is still tradable.

As to the new con system:

Grey = no exp at all (previously green)
Green = minor exp (previously light blue)
Light Blue = decent exp (previously dark blue, but on the lower end of it)
Dark Blue = 5 levels under you (previously dark blue)
White = Same level as you (previously white)
Yellow = 3 levels above you (previously only 2 levels above you)
Red = 4+ levels above you (previously 3+ levels)

Ddemons
09-20-2006, 04:27 PM
i thought i heard something about Purple?

and oh god am i screwed now >_>
just one color change drove me insane..
what happens to the term "greenies" now?
Greyies doesnt sound right

nduma
09-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Greybies !

wycca
09-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Purple was in for like 4hrs one day on beta. It doesn't exist live, but they did extend level con range by to +3 I believe.

TruPoet7
09-20-2006, 06:52 PM
grey??? hello eq2

Xyndail
09-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Purple was in for like 4hrs one day on beta. It doesn't exist live, but they did extend level con range by to +3 I believe.

Yeah, yellow con is up to +3, mostly to help with enchanters to know what they can mezz and such