PDA

View Full Version : Emil 10 (TSS Compliant)

Emil Sinclair
09-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Click Here (http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=4874)

nduma
09-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Nice UI and am glad you love Paxton ;)

Kamikazy01
09-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Hm, it's a lot different than my current UI {which is a mixture of default + VBSm (old guild's UI) and two other sources} but i like how clean it is and how it all flows together.

Just DL'd it to try it out. if the EQ patcher ever finishes that is. I think the only thing i might keep from my current UI is my buff window.

What resolution do you recommend for this UI Emil?

Phistikuffs
09-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Damn, that looks pretty slick. I think I will actually venture to try that as my first custom UI. I've always used default and the clutter just seems to be getting worse & worse. Nice work, I look forward to giving it a run.

Leksikon
09-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Awesome, thanks for the post Emil. I was actually looking around a bit last night hoping that you'd have an update out :)

Emil Sinclair
09-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Most any res will work, because it's cut up so much.

I have a widescreen (1680x1050) but alot of what im doing is unnecesary (stacking everything side to side). You can easily 1) stack stuff vertically or 2) minimize/close superflous windows (like bando/combat windows/extra hotboxes).

Phistikuffs
09-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Downloaded it last night and it works great. Thanks very much for putting this UI together. I do have a few questions/comments:

- As far as I could tell, there was no buttons corresponding to the Invite/Disband buttons for groups. I have no problems with using the keyboard shortcuts but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something obvious.

- I love the main hotbar window with the mini icons for 4 armor slots and all the bag slots. Obviously the choices for the 4 armor slots are mainly geared towards a monk. From what I could tell, the only way to change these icons would be through the code side. Would it be an easy change to make one of those armor slots correspond to another piece? For instance, I don't have any back clickies so I would love to be able to make the change so that my epic replaces that slot.

My only other comment is that I starting to consider a widescreen after seeing your screenshot :P

wycca
09-20-2006, 03:16 PM
- Clickie slots are changable, but Emil will have to cover it (better than I could)

- Most of us old monks use the actions bar for invite/disband/follow instead of grp window, prolly why its missing.

- Skill window is old window still Emil! (mighta told you already tho)

Phreaky
09-20-2006, 04:20 PM
1) Does it work for casters? (mana bar/numbers and spell gems?)

2) Are any of the hotbutton boxes horizontal instead of vertical? I tend to want larger chat windows as I use chatfont5.

It's nice though. I'm very much into minimalistic UIs as I don't like visual clutter. I currently use Nemesis and have been updating it for this latest release. I still need to work that resting gauge/icon into it though.

Btw does that item NEED to be in the playerwindow or can it be any window?

Kamikazy01
09-20-2006, 10:05 PM
Ok, using this UI (most of it). only windows i changed out were the group window, buff and short duration buff windows because i am partial to the ones i was using.

The only thing i see that i do not like is on the player window, there isnt a health bar, its just the hp numbers. That makes it hard to see at a glance if you are low health or not, imo. I tried swapping out the player window for a couple other ones, i just cant find one that fits with the rest of the UI's theme (i.e. doesnt 'snap' in with the other boxes)

Is there a similar player window out that is TSS compatible and has the health bar, that would fit with this UI?

Phistikuffs
09-20-2006, 11:04 PM
1) Does it work for casters? (mana bar/numbers and spell gems?)

2) Are any of the hotbutton boxes horizontal instead of vertical? I tend to want larger chat windows as I use chatfont5.

It's nice though. I'm very much into minimalistic UIs as I don't like visual clutter. I currently use Nemesis and have been updating it for this latest release. I still need to work that resting gauge/icon into it though.

Btw does that item NEED to be in the playerwindow or can it be any window?

1. Yes, I am currently using the same UI for my cleric bot.

2. As far as I could tell, all the hotbutton boxes were old school 2 x 5 as seen in the screenshot on eqinterfaces.

Emil, I wanted to add one other comment in addition to my previous post in case the detail was overlooked. The header on the quest window is a darker shade and when minimized, it isn't the simplistic rectangle like all the other windows. It isn't a big deal to me, but thought I would point it out for consistency's sake.

Emil Sinclair
09-21-2006, 02:04 AM
going to come back after i get 75, and patch some oversights

Athorn
09-21-2006, 04:55 AM
Thing to patch.

Guild bank is showing up as empty, at least for me.

Ughbash
09-21-2006, 07:25 AM
- Most of us old monks use the actions bar for invite/disband/follow instead of grp window, prolly why its missing.

"Ctrl I" to invite someone or to accept an invitation by follow

"Ctrl D" to disband.

nduma
09-21-2006, 08:22 AM

"Ctrl I" to invite someone or to accept an invitation by follow

"Ctrl D" to disband.

lol yeah thats the only way I've done it for years, even raids it's raidinvite/disband.

Haven't found the command version for leaving a task/expo

Phreaky
09-21-2006, 08:38 AM
/taskquit and /dzquit

nduma
09-21-2006, 08:41 AM
sweet thanks - hate having to go to windows for it.

Kexel EoV
09-21-2006, 10:08 AM
I installed it last night on my necro and I really like it Emil thank you!!

The only thing that I didn't really like but I didn't play around with it, was the spell casting timer and target window.

With your health in red and your targets health the same color I kind of found it confusing at times. I am sure I would get used to it though.

And the spell casting timer is so small and wedged between your health and mana bars that it is hard to notice at a glance how long you have left on your spell cast. Did you have any options in creating a separate spell casting timer window?

I REALLY LIKE IT!

Phreaky
09-21-2006, 03:21 PM
There's also

/taskadd /taskremove and /taskmakeleader

/dzadd /dzremove and /dzmakeleader

Wrenn
09-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Small fix to make it more caster friendly:

The group window has the numbers 1,2,3,4,5 next to player names, but you hit F2,F3,F4,F5,F6 to target those players. I perfer it to match up so for player number 4 you can just hit F4 to target them.

Emil Sinclair
09-22-2006, 03:31 AM
working on changes now (thru fri/sat), tweaking lots of little things.

like:

1) grp window 1,2,3,4,5 will become 2,3,4,5,6 (oversight, sorry)
2) hott is now a color (orange, not grey).
3) casting gauge is now a color (green, not grey)
4) casting gauge is a tad thicker (2px i think).
5) playing with target gauge color, not sure if ill stick with it (it's maroon atm.. and im not feeling it).
6) playing with buffs. I've been trying to columnize buffs (for weeks on beta) and couldn't get it to happen, then saw someone on eqinterface figured it out, so i'm going to do this as well.
7) cleaned up the combat state icon(s). they were too small. they will be sharper, bigger circles.
8) playing with adding title bars to chat window, not sure yet.

Ancaglon
09-22-2006, 07:46 AM
Emil -- I tried yours when my old one (SARS) broke -- I must say this suits me great. Thank you!

Athorn
09-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Guild bank was working last night... So it must have been a camp out/come back issue.

Still love the UI :)

Phistikuffs
09-22-2006, 01:16 PM
working on changes now (thru fri/sat), tweaking lots of little things.

like:

1) grp window 1,2,3,4,5 will become 2,3,4,5,6 (oversight, sorry)
3) casting gauge is now a color (green, not grey)
4) casting gauge is a tad thicker (2px i think).
5) playing with target gauge color, not sure if ill stick with it (it's maroon atm.. and im not feeling it).
6) playing with buffs. I've been trying to columnize buffs (for weeks on beta) and couldn't get it to happen, then saw someone on eqinterface figured it out, so i'm going to do this as well.
7) cleaned up the combat state icon(s). they were too small. they will be sharper, bigger circles.
8) playing with adding title bars to chat window, not sure yet.

All those changes sound great. In addition to those, is there any chance that the pet health could get the same thicknes upgrade as the casting gauge and maybe a slightly brighter green? It seems there should be space to allow it in the current group window and it would greatly help for healers who use the UI.

Emil Sinclair
09-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Update 10.1:

1) grp window 1,2,3,4,5 are now: 2,3,4,5,6 (oversight, sorry!).
3) casting gauge is now a color (green, not grey).
4) casting gauge is a tad thicker (2px).
5) target gauge is now a color (purpleish).
6) pet hp gauges are 2px thicker.
7) cleaned up the combat state icon(s). they were too small. they are now sharper, bigger circles.
8) resized combat disc icon/description, when activated.

Panthur
09-23-2006, 11:27 AM
hmm i keep getting YouAre NOt Authorized to view this file when i CLICK HERE link to down load it. Help lol

EDIT: Used search for emil, found a few, but had to go to the direct forum set (IE: interface minimal) to get into thje download for some reason.

EDIT2 : newp still cant get emil10, getting message you do not have authority to view this file. Was emil8 i downloaded by accident. I need emil10 lol.

Kamikazy01
09-23-2006, 12:21 PM
i'm getting the same message when i click the 'click here' in Emil's first post.

Emil Sinclair
09-23-2006, 03:32 PM
yeah, it had to get approved. it's gtg now

Phistikuffs
09-24-2006, 03:53 AM
- Clickie slots are changable, but Emil will have to cover it (better than I could)

I fooled around with XML files tonight and on my 3rd attempt I was able to successfully manipulate the clicky slots under the main hotbar. With the updates Emil released earlier and those modifications, this UI is just about close to perfect for my use.

If anyone would like some assistance with switching the clicky slots, send me a PM and I'll either send you the updated file or show you where to make the changes.

Jekre
09-25-2006, 09:52 AM
Where are the crossed swords or argo countdown with this UI?

Dread
09-25-2006, 10:48 AM
They are in the Playerwindow under you HP's and END Emil has them as a circle.

sunol
09-26-2006, 02:26 PM
i'm so used to running 1024x768 it was a big change from me to go bigger 1280x1024 to get the buffs - song and auras on the side and chat on the bottom. probably more a post for the technical problem section but on my screen the #1 person (with a 2 beside it) in the group, their health bar is not there. Did i miss a patch?

Emil Sinclair
09-26-2006, 06:50 PM
that's thoroughly weird.

send me a SS emil@botsguild.org.

10.1 shouldn't (none of them, ever should) do that.

Phistikuffs
02-13-2007, 09:14 PM
/bump

Does anyone know if there are any plans to update this UI to be TBS compliant?

Dread
02-14-2007, 04:03 AM
yes yes Emil 11 WRU??!!?? lol my tacvi ring is in my missing inventory slot on the UI =)

Ancaglon
02-14-2007, 04:55 AM
I'm actually pleasantly surprised that I didn't end up with the default UI with TBS go-live. Sure, the power source isn't there, but I still have a functional UI. :)

Massif
02-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Great UI btw.

Not sure if this covered elsewhere but Ammo slot appears to have migrated to my inventory and Power source is where ammo was.

Not a huge deal but just a heads up.

Keep up the good work.

labbe
02-14-2007, 11:30 AM
To get TBS ui upgrade , go to your uifile / default then copy all files modify the 02/13/2007 then put them in the ui file you use .

Have no bug here , and powersource / ammo slot etc etc

nduma
02-14-2007, 11:49 AM
EQUI_Inventory.xml, EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml, window_pieces05.tga

Those are the 3 files that were changed with TBS that are were modified or atleast deployed by the Emil10 UI.

1) Go to your uifiles folder
2) Make a backup of your emil10 UI folder
3) Copy the 3 files from your default folder mentioned above to your emil10 folder.

This should resolve any issues you are seeing.

Impact - whatever changes Emil10 UI had made for inventory window will be gone and same applies for the EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml and window_pieces05.tga.

You can also choose to experiment with one file at a time, you may not need the changes that were made in TBS to go with your Emil10 UI.

Vladimr Scalebach
02-14-2007, 12:00 PM
I made the changes last night to make Emil current.

Posted them on EQ interface.

Click here for the thread (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18250)

Ancaglon
02-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Thanks, much appreciated :)

Phistikuffs
02-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Awesome, thanks very much Vladimr!

Edit: I added a post for the updated hot button window so that it correctly shows the bag slots.

cheeop
02-14-2007, 04:45 PM
woot ty

Ixin
02-14-2007, 07:00 PM
thanks

Dread
02-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Phisti please change the hotbar back for me to have an ear and chest clicky... Small change but one that will drive me nuts.

Phistikuffs
02-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Phisti please change the hotbar back for me to have an ear and chest clicky... Small change but one that will drive me nuts.

Sure I can do that, PM me with the 4 slots you want and your email address. I change mine as my clickies change :)

Kamikazy01
02-18-2007, 10:17 PM
My UI is a mix of Emil 10, default, and VBS (old guild ui). log in and get xml errors, so i went to my error file, every single window (emil included) is showing up as an error. =(
i hate having to fix the UI every 6 months.

edit:
went through piece by piece. made a copy of default ui, then slowly added in pieces from my custom UI. checking it in game after each change. i think i have it set now without any xml errors. DL'd the fixes to inventory and short duration buff window posted above but rest of windows appeared to be fine once i moved them to a new folder. havent DL'd the fix to the hotbar yet though.

do you have a version of the short duration window without the title bar on it?

Vladimr Scalebach
02-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Don't copy the whole default UI, that's why you have to redo your UI every single modification

Just put the files that are different from the default UI in the UI's folder, and it will use the other files from the default folder.

kemo
10-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Anyone able to Modify or get Emil's 10 working with patch tomorrow 10/7/08?

Would be greatly appreciated.

Taiichii
10-07-2008, 08:21 AM
Ya this is something I would be deeply interested in! I miss this UI so much that I can barely even tell where my stuff is on this new UI I am using.

Yyevil
10-07-2008, 10:19 AM
I suggest checking EQinterface.

kemo
10-07-2008, 03:43 PM
posted there too nothing yet on fixes for the new shit.

Archus
10-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Go to EQinterface and go to the post that compares the new and old EQUI_Animations file. Make those changes to your animations file and you will probably be able to use your custom UI. You just won't be able to use the new functionality in groups and stuff. But at least you don't have to use default until your author makes a fix.

Taiichii
10-08-2008, 08:43 AM
The author hasn't made changes in quite some time. Never made any changes for SoF so I'm not confident that they will for SoD. Hopefully someone will be able to come up with something for this UI or I will probably just have to add some misc pieces and deal with it.

Kajok
10-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Actually there is a SoF version, you just had to go to his guilds' website. I switched to a new one for the moment, but still going to check on updates. I was told Emil is a GM now though, so he may not update it.

Panthur
10-09-2008, 08:44 PM
I've been trying to edit the group window for this to show mana and end, i am sucking at it tho, grrr.

Taiichii
10-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Actually there is a SoF version, you just had to go to his guilds' website. I switched to a new one for the moment, but still going to check on updates. I was told Emil is a GM now though, so he may not update it.

What is his guilds website?

Kajok
10-09-2008, 09:54 PM
http://www.botsguild.org/forums/index.php?showforum=4

Kajok
10-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Most of the changes can be acquired by downloading various pieces, and replacing them. The only thing I cannot replicate is the target window containing a bar for hott, and having my own hp bar in it. Anyone able to do this?

Panthur
10-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Can you post the group window in text for us idiots or a link to where we can nab it a la download for the group window with pet, end and mana?

Kajok
10-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Eqinterface had everything I needed to fix my UI to work well enough. The "pieces" section has all you need. The group window obviously will look different, and I couldn't find one with a built in hott, at elast not yet. Until about 2am or so there wasn't a target window that had your hp bar along with mob hp bar (something I use a ton), but there is now :D. Other than those 2 files I didn't change anything. The target window I jsut mentioned shows the con, hp, and buffs of your target, and the group window shows mana/end. Here are the files I downloaded...

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=4247 (target window)

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=5688 (group window)

Panthur
10-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Those are klunky and yucky ( lol. I dont want any messy white boarders on my group window player hps etc. I just want solid colors representing hp, mana , end, pet.

Kajok
10-10-2008, 12:53 PM
It's different in game.

Panthur
10-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Well I got group window sorted out after lots of hair pulling and afk in hall borrowing ppl.

Target window still needs work bleh

Panthur
10-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Does anyone have the target window for emil ui with buffs added? I'd figure out how to on my own, except im not sure exactly what text was added.

Kajok
10-13-2008, 01:29 PM
I gave up on emil updates. I still use emil UI but with modifications. I have it so that I'm using the default player window with the dot for my ooc regen instead of the swirl. I have the group window from the turlo UI, and this was just updated, target window with your hp/end gauges, target's hp guage, and hott hp gauge. For me that is essential to raiding.

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=5712

If you change the player window you should look into getting a new inventory as well, at elast I did anyway.

Panthur
10-14-2008, 10:13 AM
FINALLY! I've managed to get the target window and group window working. Only problem was with the target widow, i cou;dn't get the con circle dot thingie to show in the upper left corner without it fragmeting itself into a poka dot pattern. EWWW. So i scooched it over onto the right side after enlarging it and only showing the tail end. If anyonewants copies of the two windows, you can pm me or send me and ingame tell on Panthur. Im on xegony server.

Kajok
10-14-2008, 11:36 AM
That's my UI now, You'll notice it's still mostly emil, jsut default's player window, sweet target window with my hp/end gauge, target hp guage and buffs, and built in hott gauge (Dicek didn't have a target at that time) just below the end gauge. New group window, and the dot instead of the spiral. The dot ooc timer must be some palce other than the player window b/c I didn't purposely keep it, even though I lvoe it.

If you want the files I used for my windows specifically you cna find them all on eqinterfaces, or PM me your email address and I can send the files.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f35/Kajok09/EQ000161.jpg

Panthur
10-14-2008, 04:08 PM
I posted my group window, target window and player window on eq interface. Somehow they managed to put my target window up in the group window pieces section. Shrug lol. Lookf orthe author Perri, or a file with Panthur in it.