PDA

View Full Version : NDA LIFTED

eagleclaww
09-15-2006, 02:17 PM
You are welcome to discuss and share things from The Serpent's Spine beta on public boards now. Please keep your posts respectful, mature and constructive.
Kytherea ~~wielding a giant hammer & a hairless War Hamster~~

Wonton
09-15-2006, 02:26 PM
All I have to say at this point is gyar. This beta has been incredibly frustrating. Wycca is compiling some thoughts on the beta and what we'll be getting, so expect something from him soon.

That said, monks aren't getting a burst dps upgrade. Prathun thinks that speedfocus is > other class' discs so we get to keep our 63 disc, while rogues and berserkers will be receiving upgrades.

Despite how incredibly disappointing this is to me, and how annoyed I am by the way he phrased that we wouldn't get an upgrade to speedfocus(a cute phrase he said out of irritation toward our suggestions, parses, etc), there are positives to the expansion. There are AA upgrades to rapid strikes, hastened death(ID reuse cut down to ~5 minutes), stonewall, stunning kick(can stun mobs up to level 75 with it), and a few other semi interesting upgrades.

Our discs, overall, are wholely disappointing. We have a mez type disc that has serious potential if they implement it correctly, but as it stands now it's functioning kind of as a super-lull. We'll see how it eventually pans out. We do get a new disc that's an upgrade to dragon fang. It's a series of three strikes that hit fairly hard, but aren't guaranteed to land. It's gone through some changes, and preliminary parses are showing it to be roughly 90 dps.

The zones look incredible, and the drakkins are an interesting addition to our race choices. They aren't the best looking, but it's a step in a good direction due to the new armor texturing and pc model revamps.

wycca
09-15-2006, 02:42 PM
My summary is currently uploading to Monkly-Business via a new post (its taking frigging forever).

Please, before you start discussing anything read my summary so you know where everything is at currently.

Also, just a friendly reminder, even with NDA lifted beta dev responses are not covered under the NDA lift.

Souljahha
09-15-2006, 04:53 PM
oh you mean the triple BS 21-30k dmg in 1 round ... oh wait i saw we get FK upgrade so that's like maybe 500 dmg with max aa on a good day. /sarcasm off

Ddemons
09-15-2006, 05:22 PM
*shrugs*
guess ill post my pics of stuff that i found interesting/funny later ..
i woulda had more but after hitting lava in one of hte zones and taking 2652 dmg intantaneously.. and me having had luck running past seeinvis KoS mobs without aggro.. i didnt wanna test my luck again