PDA

View Full Version : AMV/OMM

Kamikazy01
09-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Killed AMV for the first time tonight. i think third night of attempting him. first attempt had only half a raid, second attempt...learning the encounter. tonight he died easy.

then...we tried OMM. yeah, he slaughtered us, massacred the remains, then when he was done with that, he saute'd up the pieces and served them to the mobs running around him.

got him to 98% first try though! lmao. 2 monks died immediately on triggering the event. 1 monk died somewhere between 99 and 98%. only 2 people were left alive in zone at the end, both of us are monks. haha

only one guild on the server has killed him, and they did it last week for first time.

Sensei Xarrais Klanklan
09-07-2006, 01:09 AM
we have 2 guilds on server that have killed him. We have 2 other demiplane guilds that havn't but both have just decided spending time learning the event isn't worth it priorities on other things.

I like amv it is really a place a monk can shine with the full super burst (intensity of reso + bard + speed of focus+ destructive force spike to 3k or so dps for 20 seconds) Not sure for you guys but our amv's latly last about 70-80 seconds so that super burst ends up coming out really well on parsings at the end hehe.

Nedrom
09-07-2006, 07:14 AM
OMM is not as hard as you may think, but you can't just zerg him. I'm not going to post a complete walkthrough but...Here are a couple things that are important:

1) not everyone needs a mask
2) you have to be smart about setting rampage
3) you have to have 2-3 reliable enchanters

As long as you have #2 and #3 down you will win. There are a couple more things I'm not mentioning but if you're smart you'll figure it out :)

Soygen
09-07-2006, 08:49 AM
OMM, as a script, is still probably the hardest thing in EQ. That being said, as Ned said, his 2 and 3 are insanely important. Plus, I'll add a number 4. People need to pay attention from start to finish. That, to me, is the most important factor of that fight. People not being retarded.

Pretty sure only my guild and one other have killed him on Prexus. Seems most Anguish-farming guilds ignore him, for the most part, these days.

Baccas
09-07-2006, 09:36 AM
RvR is kinda skewed on OMM a bit. He's worth the kill, but when you have access to Demi- BPs, he's less attractive of a farm target.

I loved my Anguish Robe and would never upgrade to demi BP though.

Soygen
09-07-2006, 09:44 AM
RvR is definitely way skewed with the stuff coming out of Demi, PoR and I'm sure the new expansion. OMM has some nice items still, but there is nothing that is a deal-breaker if you skip/ignore him.

TruPoet7
09-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Yah Stasis has tried him for craps and giggles but hasnt really put forth the effort yet.

krilin31
09-07-2006, 02:54 PM
RvR is definitely way skewed with the stuff coming out of Demi, PoR and I'm sure the new expansion. OMM has some nice items still, but there is nothing that is a deal-breaker if you skip/ignore him.

OMG I want to be let in to FEIGNED! D:

Just kidding. (:V)

Soygen
09-07-2006, 03:00 PM
The new requirement, to get into Feigned, is to battle me on top of Mount Everest.

krilin31
09-07-2006, 03:01 PM
The new requirement, to get into Feigned, is to battle me on top of Mount Everest.

Sherpas allowed?

Soygen
09-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Sher.

krilin31
09-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Sher.

How Sherewd of you.

Kamikazy01
09-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Our plan (from reading what our GL posted today) is every time we kill AMV, we will do one attempt that night on OMM. See what we learn, how far we can get, etc. Then rez in the lobby and head to the next target.

OMM is not a main focus for us right now, gearing up our members is more important than banging our heads against the wall repeatedly on this mob. But still, since he'll be standing there when AMV dies, why not at least give it a go once that night? hehe

Sollen
09-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Same thing we are doing, one try each anguish clearance. We got him to 84% on our second serious attempt at him (we pulled him for the sake of it first time we took AMV down). Our trouble is gonna be the AFKs and idiots, but I guess everyone has that problem. The attempts have gone smoothly enough for us to see him as a difficult but not unreachable target, and as DP is still some time off, I am now hoarding DKP for a robe =P

We can handle him and the adds it appears, but when someone cocks up and he gets the quad damage powerup, our leet skillz get fuxxored. :oops:

TruPoet7
09-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey Soll I'm hoarding dkp for the anguish robe too, whatayaknow haha

WFSBelaar
09-08-2006, 11:35 AM
OMM, as a script, is still probably the hardest thing in EQ. That being said, as Ned said, his 2 and 3 are insanely important. Plus, I'll add a number 4. People need to pay attention from start to finish. That, to me, is the most important factor of that fight. People not being retarded.

Pretty sure only my guild and one other have killed him on Prexus. Seems most Anguish-farming guilds ignore him, for the most part, these days.

We will get him :-)

TruPoet7
09-12-2006, 01:28 PM
We will get him :-)

After you get the finkenheimer eh bel? hehe