PDA

View Full Version : monk channel

Myrilith
08-22-2006, 12:40 AM
someone mind reminding me of serverwide monk channel?

had to reload comp and lost the channels i had set

on EMarr server btw

Myrilith
08-22-2006, 12:50 AM
thanks got it now

Jin
08-22-2006, 12:59 AM
It still exists? someone enlighten me.

Kifune1
08-22-2006, 10:46 AM
I'd like to know about it, too.

Ankylo
08-22-2006, 01:09 PM
There are a few monk channels. The general open monk channel is serverwide.monkly:business. There are 2 other channels that require warden approval to join, enlightned and feigned. Both have minimum requirements, but for the most part enlightened can be joined as long as you are actually a monk who has at least some clue, and not some shammy trying to figure out which is better a SoD or CHoS and keeps asking questions repeatedly about the same stuff, and generally being a pest.

Beelzaman
08-22-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm a true monk who asks many questions, lol just ask Coco, I bet he's sick of me pestering him all the time.

What does one need to do to join this channel?
What are the requirements?

P.S. sorry Coco :P

The Princess Arorua
08-23-2006, 11:40 AM
For enlightened it's lvl 70 & we *prefer* you have pulled up to time. Most of the monks in there before I moved RL were at coa/dpob level. I haven't logged in for a bit or I would have more info for you. PM me when you hit 70 (unless your magelo is old your still 69) GL~

Nedrom
08-23-2006, 12:52 PM
hah

because pulling in time has anything to do with knowing how to play your class... :roll:

Ddrakon
08-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Send me a tell in-game and I'll hook you up for serverwide.enlightened

cazic.Takanit

Soygen
08-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Careful, Ned. It's almost like you want to get into another flame-war so you can "quit" the board again.

TruPoet7
08-23-2006, 01:51 PM
curious whats the reqs for Feigned nowadays? DP? Deathknell?

Beelzaman
08-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks Ddrakon, as far as lvl 70 required, i'm currently only 1% away after last night. I pulled for my guild for 2 years as lead puller.... but that was 3 years ago, so never pulled time /shrug. If I don't qualify it's alright w/ me, would only ask some questions now and then and BS for a bit.

Soygen
08-23-2006, 02:23 PM
curious whats the reqs for Feigned nowadays? DP? Deathknell?

Mayong or Ayonae kill.

oiingo
09-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Any chance this could be stickied up at the top?

I looked all over before finally discovering this thread, and even that was after I asked a bunch of monks on my server, all of whom either did not know or were unwilling to provide this information.

Thanks to Wycca for providing an answer, even if it was a negative one; it turned out to be true that serverwide.sensei was the beginning of the end for public monk serverwide chat.

(I'm sure someone will want to flame me for this, but I firmly believe there is little need for restricted channels. I even stopped joining both high-end beastlord channels for the same reason, and now live on the open channel instead. I'm just a fan of communication and helping out your fellow man, or monk, even if the questions are numerous and basic.)

TruPoet7
09-26-2006, 11:45 AM
It still exists? someone enlighten me.

An ironic statement considering the channel name

wycca
09-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Given the non-existant status of people being in public monk chat channels, I think that it may be time to establish a non-passworded one.

I'll talk to some monks I know to see if I can't russle up a bunch of knowledgable peeps who would be willing to autojoin one, and respond to any questions.

I believe that passworded channels have their place, but I think they have problems too. Feigned for example, is mainly loot linkage with some minor talk about a few encounters (but no spoilers!). Most of the monks in it don't even talk...ever. The other channel is more active atm, but it's not necessarily things that would be for everyone.

Anyways, we will see.

Curr
09-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Last few times I looked in Feigned there was nobody home - used to be a hella fun channel!

/mourn binys bots!

Fisticuffs
09-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Let me know wycca.

I might not be on as much as some but would be happy to help if needed when I am on.

krilin31
09-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Given the non-existant status of people being in public monk chat channels, I think that it may be time to establish a non-passworded one.

I'll talk to some monks I know to see if I can't russle up a bunch of knowledgable peeps who would be willing to autojoin one, and respond to any questions.

I believe that passworded channels have their place, but I think they have problems too. Feigned for example, is mainly loot linkage with some minor talk about a few encounters (but no spoilers!). Most of the monks in it don't even talk...ever. The other channel is more active atm, but it's not necessarily things that would be for everyone.

Anyways, we will see.

I thought serverwide.monkly:business was common knowledge.

Oh well.

wycca
09-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Yea its pretty empty.

Likewise, passworded channels have problems, as does lack of ownership or mods.

Wonton
09-26-2006, 10:00 PM
count me in for non-passworded funtimes.

wycca
09-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Yea, nice thing about open channels w/o passwords is that you can report people. Easier to just get them warned/banned than to bother changing the password every week.

Xyndail
09-28-2006, 02:47 PM
not some shammy trying to figure out which is better a SoD or CHoS and keeps asking questions repeatedly about the same stuff, and generally being a pest.

On this I couldn't agree with you more.

Ughbash
09-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Both have minimum requirements, but for the most part enlightened can be joined as long as you are actually a monk who has at least some clue, and not some shammy trying to figure out which is better a SoD or CHoS and keeps asking questions repeatedly about the same stuff, and generally being a pest.

So I have a shaman and I play a monk too, you know this dual boxing thingie. Anyways should I try to get ahold of a CHoS and SoD for the monk? or shoudl I stick to glowing cookies and a Shyra claw?

Thanks

P.S. If it makes a differnce the glowing cookies are only 2.0 not 2.5.

P.P.S. Should I wear a Fungi or the CoA Robe, that 15 regen on Fungi looks sweet, 5 extra regen and with Clawstriker not like I need the dragonfang focus anymore.

Ankylo
09-28-2006, 04:43 PM
I am fine with a non-passworded channel, but I kinda figured thats pretty much what monkly:business was. I guess it isn't quite as much of common knowledge as to what the channel is. post a channel name here and as long as striding, taunto, and the gang come over I will hang out there whenever I am on. I only have so much screen space for channels so I would be abandoning monkly:business to hang out there.