PDA

View Full Version : ToB - monk armor/bp

Kamikazy01
08-19-2006, 06:04 PM
We had our second ToB raid last night (was a joint off-night raid for people keyed from two guilds). Looking at alla's, i did not see what trash mobs dropped the monk armor pieces. I'm thinking it's the bats, as those seemed to be the only trash mobs that did not have class specific loot attached to them. Anyone know if this is correct?

It also seemed that you had to kill a certain number of trash mobs to get the named bp/leg mob to spawn. (observation made by someone on the raid, dont know if this is fact or opinion).

I'd like to get the monk clicky robe from there, so I'm trying to verify if it is the bats that are the 'monk trash' mobs, so we can hit those next time to try to spawn Painscreecher.

We ended up with 6 BP's (bard one rotted because the only bard on raid got his at our first tob raid, rest were looted), and one pair of legs (upgrade to the only ranger on raid). I've been the only monk each time and we never saw the monk bp mob. lol

wycca
08-19-2006, 06:25 PM
The bats indeed drop monk armor.

It is correct about the named mini's, you kill their regular types and the named has a chance of spawning.

Kamikazy01
08-19-2006, 06:52 PM
thanks wycca

Kamikazy01
09-09-2006, 08:07 AM
We went in last night for another fun raid. was last minute notice so we only had about 22 people show up. We got Painscreecher to spawn, he dropped the legs though. =/ oh well

The best part of the night was at the end when all the tanks logged and the necro named was up (Mistress of Malady). my hubby says 'want to try to kill him with Kami tanking?' raid says 'sure!'
So we pulled him and started killing. They kept me alive from 100% to 1% on the mob, 9 minutes of fighting. Was a cleric main, 2 cleric boxes, a druid and a shaman doing the healing. lol. Max hit from the mob on me was 3258. Then the mob got a lucky round in, all hits were like 2500 to max, and i died. i think one of the beasts took over and a minute later the Mistress finally died. And of course dropped the necro legs not the bp, so the necro was not happy.

I know some of you have probably tanked much harder mobs, but dayum it felt so good last night to tank the Mistress. i swear my toes were curled the whole fight and i dont remember breathing lol