SylentteWhispers
07-29-2006, 06:17 PM
I have been trying to figure out how to set up hot buttons for multiple discs
example

dragon fang
rapid kick
dragon punch
dragon fang

but as of yet have been unable to figure out if it is possible and what the timing for delays would be..any help here?

Fisticuffs
07-29-2006, 10:54 PM
I just use the hotbar from the combat abilities window. Just have the window up and click the discs as needed.

You can also make hotkeys for them from there. However if you want the command line its /disc dragon fang, /disc rapid.

Dragon punch is an skill, not a disc. Its done through the normal abilities panel.

Jerone
07-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Well syntax would be ...

/pause 5, /disc dragon
/pause 300, /disc rapid
/no clue for dragon punch :0
/disc dragon

the <space> between the </pause x,> and the </disc> command is needed.

the lines get read backwards by eq so the first line does a disc dragonfang then the pause, go figure and god bless sony's coders :~

I'm not 100% sure on the pause number I 'think' its in 10th's of a second or 8th's of a second or something silly, ask a friendly cleric :)

Long pauses are very bad in hotkeys, you'll find yourself unable to use other multiline or singleline made hotkeys until the pause from the first one has elapsed, (unless they've changed it and I didn't notice it :))

I don't believe that
/disc dragon fang, /disc rapid will work I believe that the only command you can chain on a single hotkey line is /pause.

Derakahn
07-30-2006, 04:45 AM
dragon punch is nothing more than the punch you got at level...like 15 or something, one of the lower level skills before flying kick, for iksars its called tail rake.
Once you purchase the dragon punch AA it just adds the "dragon punch" as a proc to your standard use of dragon punch (human) tail rake (iksar) skill.

Assuming you are iksar, when you use Tail Rake (hotkeyed from abilities just like you would hotkey FD or FK, Mend, ID, etc) it kicks as normal, if the first swing is a miss, nothing happens and you go on fighting as normal.

If the first swing is a successful hit, then you will "begin to cast a spell <dragon punch> (proc, like panther maw, insta cast) which knocks the mob back. This does not affect any tail rakes done via tech of master wu's and if for example you tail rake and get a double, or even tripple tail rake, only the first swing counts, the other 1-2 are just dps swings.

Its an extremely handy skill, once I was able to bag my 1.0, i moved my gloves hotkey from my main window and my first 4 keys are now hotkeyed in order 1-4, flying kick, dragon punch, dragon fang, FD.
Recently I just mixed flying kick and dragon fang into hotkey#1 and re-assigned #3 as an assist key.
Line1: /doability FK
Line2: /disc dragon

hope any of that was helpful

SylentteWhispers
07-30-2006, 06:23 PM
I wasnt asking about the skills specifically, just how to set up the keys...yes ..i agree dragon punch is usless but thanks for the how to on the hotykeys. timing on dragon fang seems to be about 180 ffr.

Croniz
07-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Refer to the post a few weeks ago by tongpochow, If I'm not mistaken he had some revolutionary hotkey set ups posted. (too much sarcasm?)

-- Croniz

WFSBelaar
07-31-2006, 04:04 AM
If by revolutionary you mean eye gougingly horrid make you want to toss up your last 8 meals revolutionary, I concur

Soygen
07-31-2006, 11:43 AM
That dude was an idiot savant. Minus the savant part.