PDA

View Full Version : Dalnir Guides?

DabrixWI
07-27-2006, 02:04 AM
Anyone got a good Dalnir guide link laying around. Kunark opens in 2 days and Id like to know how to pull this zone lol. Also any pre-revamp Droga and Nurga guides would be awesome as well. I know Charasis like the back of my hand and same for Sebilis just never really explored the 3 zones I mentioned. Well other than killing Trunt 4 times lol.

Ddemons
07-27-2006, 02:58 AM
if ya just need a map the eqatlas map is what i always use.. otherwise sorry cant help ya, i went in there at 55 and decimated the place for kicks :D

Obtero
07-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Just get in there and start training your group :P

Dalnir is, imo, by far the most difficult zone to pull in all of EQ at the proper gear and levels. Sure you can go there now with twink gear and prolly solo most of it at level 20 but the way it was originally intended that zone was a nightmare. A guide won't help you much I'm afraid, you're going to have to go in and learn the pathing, learn the timing and figure out how to split the tight groups of casters which will wipe a group at the zoneline so fast at times that some won't even be able to reach the zone out. Best thing to do would be to go there on your main on another server and check things out a bit.

Dalnir was my favorite zone after I got over the initial frustration with the sheer difficulty of it. It's a really good XP zone at the right levels and after a while a monk who can pull it will get a reputation and have groups waiting for him/her to log on :)

Also the Crescent gear and Fighting Batons that drop there should provide some nice upgrades.

Ddemons
07-27-2006, 03:11 PM
i cleared Dalnir for hours and never saw Crescent drop, how rare is that stuff? lol

Fatal
07-27-2006, 03:45 PM
clear a path to the drop down.

Have your group run in and drop down to 2nd floor. Set up camp there against the wall next to the pool.

Clear the mobs in that room first and then start clearing thru the broken wall.

The lumpy goo is the baton mob. Any of the sarnaks can drop the Earring of Station.

I believe some of the mobs on this floor drop crescent but it has been a long time.

3rd floor is dagerous. Best bet ont he 3rd floor is to set up camp outside the temple/chrush and pull mobs out of there. Don't go thru the one way until you are ready to get bizowned. And by all means, avoid the KLY!

This is information based on me spending months alone in Dalnir soloing lumpy goo's for the fighting batons. At 1500p a pop they were pure gold.

Tamsin Dyresoul
07-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Plan to spend a long time there if you are looking for good drops outside of the batons. Just my 2cp.

DabrixWI
07-30-2006, 03:38 AM
What level can these guys be soloed at? Wonder if I can do it at 30 with regen and ds pots?

polkgaiimahn
07-30-2006, 03:55 AM
With the caster density in the lower levels it'll be tough to solo. Resist gear is just...not there.

Shotan
07-30-2006, 03:26 PM
What level can these guys be soloed at? Wonder if I can do it at 30 with regen and ds pots?

Not a chance

Fatal
07-30-2006, 07:53 PM
At 38 I was soloing there when it came out.

Well, to be clear, I would run my ass t right on top of the lumpy goo / ph and feign. Reset mobs. Stand and kill the lumpy ( he would run , be warned) and feign for the next spawn.

Dalnir also taught me the correct usage of the words "fucking casters". On one not so great saturday I had 7 corpses laying at the zone in. Add 3 more the necro? in fv that is between the FV and LOIO. Getting a rez won't be an easy thing. Well, maybe when it first opens. You can do it, not at 30, but closer to 40. If there are other people in the area, forget it.

Ddemons
07-30-2006, 07:58 PM
hehe, i remember my first trip into Dalnir...
46 war or so, crappy gear (i sucked at making cash so my gear SUCKED)
i didnt know what to expect, i looked up the zone thought "hey, lower level mobs, i can solo t he zone"
10 min later /tell clericfriend "you busy? i need a rez, freaking casters got me"
now on Ddemons its a different matter .. You have entered Dalnir.. 10 min later /gu WTB respawn of Dalnir..
ah, reminds me, when i get comp fixed (yes, i screwed it up..AGAIN, getting more memory along with the fix tho so yay me) im gonna go permawipe Dalnir for an hour or 2 :D

Souljahha
07-31-2006, 02:46 PM
dalnir is the best zone to learn to pull in. Resists > hp in dalnir...
Sneak and fd and a few invis pots and your golden
I wasn't twinked much when i soloed there and actually wore crescent legs until I got pog legs :)

I spent the majority of 30-40 there. Only kly or whatever drop armor & is fairly rare. Many random wep drops and some other gear. It's soloable and very challenging at early and late levels. I personally think the drop down room is a good camp on level 1 once broken and i have seen/gotten an armor drop off a kly there. during lower to mid 30's.

Soygen
07-31-2006, 03:03 PM
Dalnir is pretty hardcore if you're the proper level and not insanely twinked. Great dungeon.