PDA

View Full Version : Patch Msg July 18th

Karacho
07-18-2006, 12:19 PM
July 18th, 2006

- /raid commands should now work appropriately.
- Added /decaycorpse command on The Combine and The Sleeper. You can now target and manually decay any of your own corpses that no longer have items on them. Please help us keep Norrath clean of unnecessary corpse litter.
- Fixed a bug that would cause ground items to not respawn appropriately.

OMG OMG, the 6 hours server down was really needed for this stuff...

Fargrace
07-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Hey, let's just hope that they don't say, oh by the way, we nerfed the living hell out of monks as that we felt they did too much damage and have too many hit points.

Requeim
07-18-2006, 12:44 PM
They are fixing things, and not putting it in the update. There are lots of bugs being hummed and hawed over, that soe won't reconize so they can ninja fix em and not have to say we suck.

Just my opinion.

Nedrom
07-18-2006, 01:03 PM
u gotta be kidding me...

Sensei Xarrais Klanklan
07-18-2006, 01:29 PM
They are fixing things, and not putting it in the update. There are lots of bugs being hummed and hawed over, that soe won't reconize so they can ninja fix em and not have to say we suck.

They always put in updates. And the last few have been some pretty bugged ones. Rashere always has some pet project in game he wants to tweak then he does it by chaging basic mechanics of the game and it screws over a ton of stuff and in the end still didn't do what he meant it to do.

I think there is a chance this time it won't happen though since the last 2 have been worse than avg for him.

TruPoet7
07-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Yah I keep waiting for that "BTW Monks pwnzed" message on the patch screen.

Fargrace
07-18-2006, 01:47 PM
I thought that they said in the last patch that they were going to change the hot zones in this patch... but maybe I just missunderstood someone's re-typed message.

Requeim
07-18-2006, 02:00 PM
They always put in updates. And the last few have been some pretty bugged ones. Rashere always has some pet project in game he wants to tweak then he does it by chaging basic mechanics of the game and it screws over a ton of stuff and in the end still didn't do what he meant it to do.

I think there is a chance this time it won't happen though since the last 2 have been worse than avg for him.

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I know they always put in updates. Except always is kind of misleading. What I am saying is, they put 3 items on the update(update being the patch message) when there are numerous bugs that soe won't comment on, therefore not reconizing them as bugs. So that they can ninja(during updates or downtime) fix them without saying they were ever broken.

Soygen
07-18-2006, 02:04 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but my penis seems bigger after this patch. That wasn't in the patch message however and I ended up zipping the tip of it after peeing, since I wasn't aware of the size change. GD IT SOE!!

Thumpya
07-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Which patch gave you a penis?!

Nedrom
07-18-2006, 02:40 PM
pwnt

Soygen
07-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Which patch gave you a penis?!

Hah. Nice, Thump. Is that a T-Staff in your pocket...

PS: People who spell ownt with a 'p' are notoriously gay or even worse - Canadian.

Thumpya
07-18-2006, 02:53 PM
It is a FABLED T-Staff sir!

Iksa
07-18-2006, 03:11 PM
The tin foil hats are tight today it seems.

Nedrom
07-18-2006, 03:17 PM
hi2u Iksa

Ankylo
07-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Server down time extended another hour it seems....yay for hardware upgrades...

Ddemons
07-18-2006, 03:35 PM
http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Veterans&message.id=258712#M258712

*shrugs* thats what i got when i looked up what it was about after waking up and trying to log on.. yay for cluelessness...

funny thread btw :D

santino
07-18-2006, 04:04 PM
I thought that they said in the last patch that they were going to change the hot zones in this patch... but maybe I just missunderstood someone's re-typed message.

I would imagine so. Because of the fucking progression servers, they have to restrict hot zones to zones not currently available. Since Kunark is has now been opened on the progression servers (and will go live next weekish), the current hot spots (which are all in Kunark) will have to move.

Ddemons
07-18-2006, 04:08 PM
/wonder where the hotzone are gonna be..
Siren's Grotto in the 55-60 range if its velious probly...
umm.. Velketor's 50-55 or sometin..
i dont know, i give up now :D

Panthur
07-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Laughs as ae dt is accidently implimented! :D

Ddemons
07-18-2006, 04:34 PM
:shock:
*begins running thru zones which auto aggro him*
wheeeee splat.. LOADING..wheee splat ..LOADING .. wheee splat..LOADING.. whee splat -you have lost a level, you are now level 60... LOADING..wheee splat!
ok.. that would be fun :D
specially in the tutorial :twisted:

Panthur
07-18-2006, 04:37 PM
You're a monk, idiot, mash fd!

Ddemons
07-18-2006, 04:44 PM
but DT is so fun..WHEEE SPLAT!
(guess who eats the DT on PoSky raids? lol)

TruPoet7
07-18-2006, 05:26 PM
LOL I remember having the enchanter eat the DT on Cursed, have em tash, die and then you pull it haha

Ddemons
07-18-2006, 05:30 PM
SERVERS ARE UP!

oh and to the above..
PoSky raid we asked if anyone felt like volunteering, i was the only one with the balls to volunteer ..
Keeper of the Sky i didnt get close enough to hit it with anything when it DTed me, the Spiroc Lord i Leopard Claw on it when i hit its feet :D

XuntraBertoxx
07-18-2006, 10:55 PM
What the hell is that crap?! They fix some crappy progression servers, but won't fix the problem with the trial of lashing and that keeps me from getting my 1.5, Total bulls***

krilin31
07-18-2006, 11:07 PM
LOL I remember having the enchanter eat the DT on Cursed, have em tash, die and then you pull it haha

I always used a gnome if one was available. And if not, a ranger/bard.

Nedrom
07-18-2006, 11:19 PM
What the hell is that crap?! They fix some crappy progression servers, but won't fix the problem with the trial of lashing and that keeps me from getting my 1.5, Total bulls***

I'll see if I can get this looked at.

Ddemons
07-19-2006, 12:17 AM

I always used a gnome if one was available. And if not, a ranger/bard.
lol..
first PoSky raid i had never eaten a DT before.. i made a warrior do it :twisted:
2nd one (other day) i thought it might be fun.. sooo.. i drank a stack of booze and ran at it :D

Shotan
07-19-2006, 12:54 AM
- Added /decaycorpse command on The Combine and The Sleeper. You can now target and manually decay any of your own corpses that no longer have items on them. Please help us keep Norrath clean of unnecessary corpse litter.

Im stoked this went in since I am the one that came up with the idea on the beta forums heheh Only I called it /destroycorpse :shock:

Panthur
07-19-2006, 01:30 AM
I wonder if they fixed the queynos badge of honor quest #2, the npc you're suppose to slap around pops as a merchant..and we cant hit him (

Rallon
07-19-2006, 03:39 AM
Anyone know if Dain 3 has been fixed?

Rall.

Requeim
07-19-2006, 03:47 AM
I can tell you bellfast 3 has not. What was wrong with Dain 3? I have won and told people how to win 3-4 times in the last week.

Monks need to get Designate DT. Once per hour special move that gives our next DT, or using Dot Dt's our current DT to target PC.

So much fun to be had.

Gassire-Scorpse
07-19-2006, 02:43 PM

Rall.

/shrug... tried it last night with a guild group... would have completed it but the Dain got summoned away from the clerics on last fight>.< that's the last seal I need too

TruPoet7
07-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Whats wrong with bellfast 3?

Nedrom
07-19-2006, 03:37 PM

I'll see if I can get this looked at.

This has been fixed but is waiting QA's approval before going live. No ETA.

Archus
07-19-2006, 10:33 PM

Rall.

Well, I had really thought that Dain 3 wasn't 'broken', but apparently it did get stealth changed from when I last did it in the beginning of the month. The Dev that designed the encounter talks extensively about the changes in this thread from the EQ boards.

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Veterans&message.id=254668

Nedrom
07-19-2006, 10:40 PM
This just cleared QA. I'm expecting it will go out late tonight/early tomorrow.

Rashere

Soygen
07-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Cleared QA = someone put a checkmark in the little box next to it.

XuntraBertoxx
07-20-2006, 03:56 PM
This just cleared QA. I'm expecting it will go out late tonight/early tomorrow.

Rashere

So does this mean that it's going live late on the 19th or early thursday morning? If so, it's 11pm PST on the 20th and i'm ready to do that trial. I guess i'll log in and find out.

DraclorXXX
07-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Whats wrong with bellfast 3?

Can't zone in. At all.

It's been broken in some form or another for a couple months now, but recently went from needing luck and hoping the server loaded right in order to win, to being flat impossible to complete since you cant even attempt it.

Nedrom
07-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Trial of Lashing was Live Updated today, post in this thread if you continue to have issues

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Veterans&message.id=260117#M260117

Ddemons
07-21-2006, 04:37 AM
no fair, now i cant taunt him with my Mark of Lashing anymore :D
ah well, hope its fixed properly and ya get 1.5 while im gone :D

mmk, 4 hours till im gone for the weekend.. noone has to deal with me talking for a few days -its gonna be quiet in my guild :D
going camping, which the only reason i said yes was ebcause i heard you could jump off of a cliff into water, now im realizing im gonna come home insane from EQ deprivation..
see ya on Monday, hopefully im not [completely] insane by then..

Rallon
07-22-2006, 06:04 AM
Dain 3 has been fixed, the problem before was that the dorfs would wander back after killing a mob and it was impossible to keep them fighting.

Thats been sorted (even though some do still wander off) and its straightforward now with the right strat.
Did this 3 times in a row with a win each time.

Enjoy it while you can.

Rall